Segue/Crossfade Editor

Hello Dmitry,

Just out of curiosity, why is the Segue or Crossfade Editor and Crossfade Editor 3 always in beta?

Thank you.

Northeast Philadelphia Community Radio said:
Just out of curiosity, why is the Segue or Crossfade Editor and Crossfade Editor 3 always in beta?
Its has some internal flaws that can't be fixed. We plan on rewriting it from scratch at some point in the future.

Its has some internal flaws that can't be fixed. We plan on rewriting it from scratch at some point in the future.
Hi DJSoft, do you know when the "Crossfade Editor" will be re written? I think it has great potential if it gets re-written as it currently seems to be having quite a few issues, including the playback being different then what actually goes to air as well as a few mix point issues where the mix point is set to the start of the song even though I have faded the start so that it starts a few seconds in if that makes sense.

It definitely seemed to be more stable in v5 but an update to make it more stable soon would be really great!

Cheers!

There were a lot of fixes made in 6.0 to improve Segue Editor, and there are more planned for the near future.

There were a lot of fixes made in 6.0 to improve Segue Editor, and there are more planned for the near future.
I personally think the playback was heaps better in v5 and many less bugs.

I am happy to explain in more detail the bugs, just let me know :)

It currently has some playback related bugs and we'll fix them soon. But the fades itself, when configured, work better than in the previous version, and it also allows modifying playing track (although with limitations).

For me, the Crossface Editor is one of the most used tools.
From my perspective, In prior versions that was working nearly fine.
Now, setting a crossfade by placing the files in crossfade editor (Alt+2) as they should fade there is a gap when listening to it by roundabout half a second. The graphic of the two files is correct, the fade point is correct, but listening is too late. However, this setting that was done in playback mode is correctly performing. The issue is, that one cannot correctly listen to the cue point.
Second point is regarding to the saving of the crossfade that is not always correctly taken over to the playback mode.
Please let me know any improvements.

Yes, this is a known issue with prelistening, it will be fixed in the next update. Starting with 6.0, it was reworked significantly, and lots of issues solved, most important are the ones when the configuration was not applied correctly - now it always mixes properly, it's only prelistening from within the Segue Editor that is broken. You can also use the Segue Editor on the playing tracks which was not possible previously.

Second point is regarding to the saving of the crossfade that is not always correctly taken over to the playback mode.
Can you please provide more details on this?

Back