How to program during prolonged absence?

Radiodici

Hello everyone,

the local FM radio I work in will be on holidays for a month, and I would like to broadcast old shows.

This might be a stupid question, but I would like to broadcast the same shows for the whole week, then move on to the next ones, etc, until I'm back. What is the best way to do that considering some shows are programmed up to 4 times per week on different days and times ?

If I'm not mistaken, if times of broadcast are different, I need one line per show in the scheduler, am I right?

For instance : (see attachment)

Now, for example, I would like to schedule "1stweek.mp3" on every LES ENFANTS D'ICI during the first week, then move on to "2nd week.mp3", etc.

Do I have to create 3 schedules, for the first week, then 3 more schedules for the 2nd week, etc, creating 12 lines for that one show? Meaning I have to do this for every show?

Or is there a simpler way to do it?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Radioboss - Les enfants d'ici.jpg
    Radioboss - Les enfants d'ici.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 317
Radiodici said:
Do I have to create 3 schedules, for the first week, then 3 more schedules for the 2nd week, etc, creating 12 lines for that one show? Meaning I have to do this for every show?
This is one of the possible solutions. Depending on the number of shows, it may be a way to go. Another option is to use Track List to make it select the next track each time the event starts: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm or even use it in "series" mode and move to the next episode when needed.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I looked into this solution as well, but I thought there was some kind of incrementation linked to the audio file itself, like the playing count, meaning that if I try to play files from the same folder on different events programmed the same way, each event would play the next file in line.

For example, if we go back to the "LES ENFANTS D'ICI" example, the first event (monday 10am) would play the first file, then the 2nd event (tuesday 9am) would play the 2nd file, etc, while I need all 3 events to play the first file on the first week, then, on the next week, I need all 3 events to play the 2nd file, etc

Was I wrong to assume every event would play the next file in line? Are they independent from each other even though they are exactly the same, except for the day and time?

If yes, then this is exactly what I'm looking for and it's great :)

Radiodici said:
Yes, I looked into this solution as well, but I thought there was some kind of incrementation linked to the audio file itself, like the playing count, meaning that if I try to play files from the same folder on different events programmed the same way, each event would play the next file in line.
No, the "series" counter is global and different events will play the same item.

Radiodici said:
Was I wrong to assume every event would play the next file in line? Are they independent from each other even though they are exactly the same, except for the day and time?
Depending on how you configure the events. If you use track list with "In order" selection, it will play the next file each time an event starts (it can be different events and all of them will share the same selection position). Situation with "series" selection is similar but you'll also have to advance the counter manually to make it move to the next item.

You can make a separate RadioBOSS installation and experiment with all this.

Back