• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RB integration with Spotify  (Read 287 times)

Chris Deacon

RB integration with Spotify
« on: August 22, 2020, 11:52:59 PM »
Would this be feasible?   I see some evidence of this in some other packages... ::)
ArtSound FM
Canberra

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RB integration with Spotify
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 07:05:45 AM »
Honestly, I don't think so, when we last checked, Spotify did not allow its music to be streamed yb 3rd party software.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

Chris Deacon

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:16:10 PM »
See omniplayer.com ;)
ArtSound FM
Canberra

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:40:08 AM »
I suppose this reqiores special agreements with Spotify. We'll think of it in the futute, but I'm not sure it is a very good idea to be honest. Most of the RadioBOSS features will be unavailable this way - like using custom fields, playcount/last played , playlist generator, ....

Chris Deacon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:25:07 AM »
Yes it is clear they have a negotiated an arrangement with Spotify 😐. I see what you mean about RB features but on the other hand, for radio stations in future I can see this or some other cloud based music collection being the way of the future.   I would encourage you to explore this as they may be prepared to license it’s use for which you could offer a premium RB option or plug in.   I’d be interested in what others thought about this idea.....cheers

ArtSound FM
Canberra

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 06:43:33 AM »
I see what you mean about RB features but on the other hand, for radio stations in future I can see this or some other cloud based music collection being the way of the future
Not necessary. Running a radio station and having all the music on some external service that can delete any song/album/artist at any time, or completely terminate the account for any reason (or no reason at all) is a fragile position. Renting everything instead of owning may be cheaper and convenient at times, but this has lots of downsides.

I would encourage you to explore this as they may be prepared to license it’s use for which you could offer a premium RB option or plug in
The problem with inability to use most of RadioBOSS features still stays. Pre-scanning files to determine mix points, normalization, creating playlists, even calculating playlist duration (taking account for cue points, mix points) - almost everything requires full and fast access to all music files. This will not work with the cloud streaming service, unless it's completely reworked.

Chris Deacon

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »
Thanks for your prompt views on this - I get your points and agree there are some downsides.  Cheers
ArtSound FM
Canberra