5.2.2.0 - Remove gap - BUG

pety

In the last version of RadioBOSS is not "Remove gaps between tracks", even if it is checked in Settings => Playback -> Miscellaneous.
So, RB do not remove gap between tracks.

pety said:
In the last version of RadioBOSS is not "Remove gaps between tracks", even if it is checked in Settings => Playback -> Miscellaneous.
It skips tracks which have Start/End points set. I think this is the case.

djsoft said:
pety said:
No, the tracks are not CUE...
If it is necesary I'll make a video...

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
No, the tracks are not CUE...
If it is necesary I'll make a video...
Please send one of the tracks for which it doesn't detect silence to support@djsoft.net.

Dmitriy

It is very intereseting that RadioBOSS confirm the same strange behaviour (like opening playlists). Yesterday I made all settings I needed. I restarted RadioBOSS but "Remove gap between tracks" didn't work at all. In this morning I turned on my laptop and all settings, I made yesterday, worked nice.

So, I found this issue. If something works wrong in RadioBOSS, there is necessary a restart of PC. The problem is that if in that moment is a Live program everything will go down.

I think that is necesary an improvement for taking settings without restart the computer. I understand to restart RadioBOSS, but the entire PC for ordinary settings?

pety said:
I think that is necesary an improvement for taking settings without restart the computer. I understand to restart RadioBOSS, but the entire PC for ordinary settings?
You never need to restart your PC to change settings in RadioBOSS, it always been like this. Actually most of the settings can be changed even without restarting RadioBOSS.

In most cases odd behavior caused by (either or both):
  • a virus
  • antivirus software which interferes with operation
Deleting both of them will likely solve the problem.

If this odd behavior continues, please provide more information on those issues (if possible, with videos).

djsoft said:
pety said:
You never need to restart your PC to change settings in RadioBOSS, it always been like this. Actually most of the settings can be changed even without restarting RadioBOSS.

In most cases odd behavior caused by (either or both):
  • a virus
  • antivirus software which interferes with operation
Deleting both of them will likely solve the problem.

If this odd behavior continues, please provide more information on those issues (if possible, with videos).
New OS installation. No virus. A very good antivirus wich consumes small resources.
This is a real problem, Dmitriy. I do not like to waste time with non-senses.

But maybe can help you this thing. I made yesterday a transfer from one PC to another PC of RadioBOSS settings (import backup). After this import I played some tracks. Maybe after 3-4 hours I needed new setting and RadioBOSS did not take them even if I restart it. In this morning I tested again and RadioBOSS worked very nice. So, I understand now that PC restart solves the problem.

pety said:
New OS installation. No virus. A very good antivirus wich consumes small resources.
This is a real problem, Dmitriy. I do not like to waste time with non-senses.
Resource consumption is not the problem. Antivirus software "hooks" all operations other software does and scans them. Sometimes they do it incorrectly, causing interference and resulting in odd behavior.

You reported in 2013 - antivirus blocked RadioBOSS to do usual (and 100% safe) things like opening folders, browsing folders in file explorer, using prelisten feature:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3543.msg14051.html#msg14051
This is not a problem in RadioBOSS - clearly, it's a problem with AV software.

pety said:
But maybe can help you this thing. I made yesterday a transfer from one PC to another PC of RadioBOSS settings (import backup). After this import I played some tracks. Maybe after 3-4 hours I needed new setting and RadioBOSS did not take them even if I restart it. In this morning I tested again and RadioBOSS worked very nice. So, I understand now that PC restart solves the problem.
It looks like a coincidence. Technically RadioBOSS never requires system restart to change settings. What settings were not applied until you restarted the PC?

In that moment I needed "Remove gap...". Few days ago at work, in Live RB did not load playlists. I restarted PC. The same behaviour, another PC. Different PC's. That allow me to make a conclusion...

pety said:
In that moment I needed "Remove gap...". Few days ago at work, in Live RB did not load playlists. I restarted PC. The same behaviour, another PC. Different PC's. That allow me to make a conclusion...
Without detailed information it's impossible to give any advice and/or fix it - I'm also still not sure if it's a problem in RadioBOSS or if it's caused by something else, as we've never encountered it here, nor anyone else reported anything similar... If it happens again, please make couple of screenshots. Also check if there are any bugreports in the settings folder.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Without detailed information it's impossible to give any advice and/or fix it - I'm also still not sure if it's a problem in RadioBOSS or if it's caused by something else, as we've never encountered it here, nor anyone else reported anything similar... If it happens again, please make couple of screenshots. Also check if there are any bugreports in the settings folder.
OK, I will pay attention for this. But not screenshot will be an argument, but video capture.

Back