A few new spotted issues on 5.8.2.0

djsoft said:
Looking at your screenshot, it seems that the stream, while started, is not actually playing (there are no bars in the nowplaying section), does the stream have silence at the beginning? In this case fade in could happen during this silence part.
What happens when you slick stop, does it fade out or stop abruptly?
It does fade out actually - I will do more testing on this, maybe I've been too hasty here and not tested with enough actual audio - apologies for this and I'll get back and confirm!

djsoft said:
It writes CASTTITLE if you export nowplaying file as XML, and it should write broadcasting title (same as %casttitle) when you use plain TXT file.
This only seems to get updated when the track is initially played - where as when using the API to change the broadcast title, CASTTITLE in the playbackinfo is correct and up to date. Can this be changed?

eddr said:
This only seems to get updated when the track is initially played - where as when using the API to change the broadcast title, CASTTITLE in the playbackinfo is correct and up to date. Can this be changed?
The Nowplayuing file is only generated at track startup and does not update mid-playback. The only reason to update it is when you play a network stream, if you want to update titles from the stream, is this the case?

Kind of:
We have utilities and scripts which sends the RadioBOSS API broadcast title updates when different DJs connect to the network stream or when a DJ is in studio and so it's on line input. So we heavily use the "setcasttitle" - and this change is always reflected in CASTTITLE in playbackinfo but not for the now playing reporting.

So we would want the now playing updated/triggered when setcasttitle is used I suppose?

Back