Aac plus V1 or V2

It uses different AAC features depending on bitrate (more options are enabled for lower bitrates). Please note that AAC is considered "transparent" at about 160kbps bitrate, so any additional options only make sense for low bitrates, especially bitrates lower than 64kbps.

Thank you. I was interested because I use AAC plus and I don't know which version it is. I have a host that supports up to 128 kbps throughput. Since AAC plus does not have a constant bitrate, it is not possible to use the full capacity either for AAC or for AAC plus. My host only stopped shutting down when I dropped the bitrate to 72 kbps. Since that bitrate falls within the range of the AAC plus V2 codec, I was interested in which version of AAC plus RadioBoss is using.

I played the LC AAC 160 kbps stream on the local Icecast test server and it really is the best sound. The question is how much throughput do I need on the host for this type of stream.

My host only stopped shutting down when I dropped the bitrate to 72 kbps
Honestly, it's a good reason to think about changing such a host. Even enabling all what AAC+ offers, it will still sound worse than typical AAC (AAC-LC) stream at 160 or even 128kbps.

You can use the "custom encoder" feature in RadioBOSS if you like to use AAC+ with your own parameters (use either standalone aac encoder, or ffmpeg): https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm

I don't have technical detail handy to tell you what AAC options RadioBOSS enables for what bitrate, but I think you can check the stream - IIRC, a player called "foobar2000" is able to display details on what AAC options are used.

Back