Adding files to folder set to play through in order?

Maestro232

Hello,
I have a scheduled task to play one file a day from a folder in order. It works great. However, I need to add some files which will come earlier in the order based on file name. For example, let's say I have the following files in a folder...

2017-01.mp3
2017-02.mp3
2017-03.mp3
2017-99.mp3

When I set up the schedule it starts running through the folder and plays one file a day at a certain time. Now let's say that a couple months later I'm up to 2017-60.mp3 or so and I want to add the following files to the folder...

2016-01.mp3
2016-02.mp3
2016-99.mp3

What I would like the system to do is continue the next day by grabbing 2017-61.mp3 and keep going until the end, then when it gets to the last file in the folder, the next day it will start over at 2016-01.mp3

I am guessing that it probably works this way, but I can't really test it since we have a live station. Can anyone verify that this is how it will work? I'm basically wanting to make sure that the command to run through a folder in order will just use whatever is the next file based on filename, irregardless of when the file showed up in the folder.

Thanks for the help.

If you change folder contents by adding or removing the files, it will start from the first file when played next time.

Thank you. I'm really glad I asked. So I guess we just have to time when we add to the folder. It's not the end of the world.

Maybe something to consider as a future change is to use a different mechanism for determining the next file to play...like a filename comparison with the previously played file at the time the schedule runs.

Maestro232 said:
Maybe something to consider as a future change is to use a different mechanism for determining the next file to play...like a filename comparison with the previously played file at the time the schedule runs.
Yes, I think we'll make it work this way in the future - thank you for your suggestion!

Back