After using the emergency playlist only one-sided playback

Joschi

Hello

I have found a bug in RadioBOSS.
Information: We use RadioBOSS Standard 6.2.4.2.

We use RadioBOSS on a Windows server to realize 24/7 automation.
To avoid possible gaps in the playout we use the silence detector and in case of emergency we let load a prefabricated playlist (fallback.m3u8).
If the playlist ends unexpectedly, the fallback.m3u8 is inserted and played correctly as intended.

However, if a song accidentally contains a lot of silence at the end and thus triggers the silence detector, the fallback.m3u8 is also inserted, but it is only played back on one side.

I can reliably reproduce this problem.

Attachments

• stillededektor.JPG
    stillededektor.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 91
  • einseitiger Ausschlag.JPG
    einseitiger Ausschlag.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 101
Hi Joschin, greetings on these particular songs with silence in them you can use the 'track tool' (right click track for menu) to set start and stop of the song removing the silence from it from the. This is generally good practice. Hope this helps.

Hi Joschin, greetings on these particular songs with silence in them you can use the 'track tool' (right click track for menu) to set start and stop of the song removing the silence from it from the. This is generally good practice. Hope this helps.

Hi

this has already been done. Nevertheless, there is the problem that in such a case the emergency playlist can be heard only on one side (namely exclusively on the left channel - see picture number 2).

Oh I see you mean this is only on one channel R with sound not L with none you will have to wait to hear from Dimitri , sorry but have not noticed this

No problem. It may not have been worded well by me.

Just once more for clarification:
  • If the silence detector triggers at the end of a playlist, the emergency playlist runs without problems.
  • However, if the silence detector triggers because a song accidentally contains too much silence, the problem arises that the right channel remains muted. In this case the playback is only on the left channel (see picture number 2). To fix the problem, it is necessary to restart the software.

By the way, tracks like this can be detected using Music Library, Tools menu, Check tracks.
Thank you, I have done that.
I already have it check for silence when reading in the databank, however it still finds some tracks with more than 5 seconds of silence.
Do I have to set the start and end points there manually or can I automate this somehow?

Addendum: In the track tool I see that the end points are set correctly.

I already have it check for silence when reading in the databank, however it still finds some tracks with more than 5 seconds of silence.
Do I have to set the start and end points there manually or can I automate this somehow?
Start/End points can be set manually using the Process Tracks tool in the Tools menu. It will only cut silence in the beginning and end of the tracks, not in the middle.

The problem here is not with the emergency playlist, it's actually Equalizer bug, and it's fixed in the latest RadioBOSS 6.3.0.2 beta: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-6-3-beta.11183/
I am currently using the 6.3.0.3 beta and unfortunately I can reproduce the error again.

I have a series of actions via the event scheduler that is executed 2x per hour.
  • Advertising start
  • Advertising
  • Teaser
  • Advertising End
As soon as the event is inserted, the currently running title is played completely to the end, so that there is no fade to the start of the advertisement. The moment the starter starts, the playback is again only one-sided.

I have attached a .rar file where you can find a video with the error.

Attachments

• RadioBOSS_error_video.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
Atualmente estou usando o beta 6.3.0.3 e infelizmente consigo reproduzir o erro novamente.

Tenho uma série de ações via agendador de eventos que são executadas 2x por hora.
  • início de publicidade
  • Anúncio
  • Teaser
  • Fim da Publicidade
Assim que o evento é inserido, o título atualmente em execução é reproduzido completamente até o final, para que não haja fade no início do anúncio. No momento em que o iniciador inicia, a reprodução é novamente apenas unilateral.

Anexei um arquivo .rar onde você pode encontrar um vídeo com o erro.
RB 6.3.0.5

Back