Automatic Check Time Boxes For Gap Killer

NounosSon

Can you add an option where when gap killer is enabled, it will automatically check off the "start time" and "end time" box in Track Properties for each song in the music library? It automatically adds the times, but doesn't check off the boxes.

Attachments

• RB Gap Killer.png
    RB Gap Killer.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 518
NounosSon said:
Can you add an option where when gap killer is enabled, it will automatically check off the "start time" and "end time" box in Track Properties for each song in the music library? It automatically adds the times, but doesn't check off the boxes.
It is an interesting request.

NounosSon said:
Yes, it's done on purpose - you should manually check the boxes if you want to use the calculated values. I think a setting can be added to control this behavior.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
Yes, it's done on purpose - you should manually check the boxes if you want to use the calculated values. I think a setting can be added to control this behavior.

Great! This feature comes in handy when setting up StationPlaylist Creator with RadioBoss. I had to go through each track to check the boxes.

NounosSon said:
Great! This feature comes in handy when setting up StationPlaylist Creator with RadioBoss. I had to go through each track to check the boxes.
If gap killer is enabled it will cut the silence automatically - you don't need to set Start/End points if the values are the ones detected by Gap Killer.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
If gap killer is enabled it will cut the silence automatically - you don't need to set Start/End points if the values are the ones detected by Gap Killer.

Yes. I understand that. However, the GapKiller doesn't change the length of the song unless the box is checked off. For example, you have a song that is 3 minutes and 5 seconds long. The 5 seconds of the song is silence and the GapKiller cuts it out. The song in the playlist still shows up as 3:05 instead of 3:00. When the song gets to 3:00, it skips the 5 seconds and moves to the next track. This can through off the start times of the other tracks in your playlist.

Agreed. A setting will be added to automatically check the boxes. Most likely this will happen in RB 5.0...

Back