Aux Player controls & schedules

mbabb

Can an AUX deck be loaded/controled via scheduled events, like the Main deck? How about start playing the AUX deck? If not, is there any other way to control the AUX deck other than manually?

Thanks,
Mike

AUX players are mini playlists with simple playback and edit features. Those players can be used for various purposes: save and edit playlists, play tracks, jingles or announcements.

AUX players can only be added in Zone 2 or Zone 3. In order to activate those zones use the menu command: View->Work Zones->2 (or 3).

aux_1

It's possible to drag-n-drop tracks between regular and AUX playlists: just start dragging a track by its icon (please see the Playlist page for details).
By default, AUX players play tracks on the Main sound device. It's also possible to use other devices. Click the Settings button to configure AUX player. If an AUX1 or AUX2 device is selected for the playback, make sure those devices are correctly configured in the Playback settings.

Thanks, but I previously saw and read all that and it doesn't totally answer my question. I was hoping for something more.

Can an AUX deck be loaded/controled via scheduled events, like the Main deck? How about start playing the AUX deck? If not, is there any other way to control the AUX deck other than manually?

Thanks,
Mike
In what situations would it be appropriate for The Aux Player to run automatically?

without going into a lot a details, I was wanting to use it with a virtual sound card assigned to it. It works in what I was doing, except when I rebooted RB or if the aux player stopped. The aux player had to be manually be started. Anyway, it’s hard to explain without going into a lot of details. I solved the issue in a way by running a second install of RB and using the regular player.

Currently not, they are manual players.

without going into a lot a details, I was wanting to use it with a virtual sound card assigned to it. It works in what I was doing, except when I rebooted RB or if the aux player stopped. The aux player had to be manually be started. Anyway, it’s hard to explain without going into a lot of details. I solved the issue in a way by running a second install of RB and using the regular player.
Running a second RadioBOSS instance looks like an appropriate solution for this.

Yes, running a second RadioBOSS is working great for this. After determining that this method works, I thought that some users might be a little confused to two instances of RB running so I solved the problem by running only one instance of RB and then using winamp to play only the network stream outputting the audio to a virtual sound card. RB then uses that virtual sound cart as Line input 1. My problem appears to be solved. I have winamp set so that when it is started it automatically connects to the network stream and start playing. RB then controls when it plays like everything else. Treats winamp audio as another line input.

thanks for all the work making RB a great program!

mike

Back