BPM

DJ Denise

Dmitry,

I think i have cracked this BPM thing problem :) ^.^

I have noticed that if you press 'Ok' button after detecting BPM this messes up the next mp3 BPM Detect up when you use next the -1 doesn't seem to appear unless its already been set by the 'Ok' button function . Then it seems the only way to clear this is to add the value from a website . i am not sure what BPM detection  is setting in the MP3 in additional to the -1 to do this and would like to know what is corrupting these files is it your software setting something in the mp3 please other than the -1 in BMP on detection? It feels to me that something pressing 'Ok ' button after pressing the BPM detection button messes this file up . Can you explain what is being set in MP3 when you run the BPM detect button so that i better understand what it is doing to these files. I still cannot use the automated  tools on the play list as this problem persists here placing infuriating -1 could this not be set to blank instead of -1 which is really unhelpful

I hope this is helpful

Denise x

DJ Denise said:
I have noticed that if you press 'Ok' button after detecting BPM this messes up the next mp3 BPM Detect up when you use next the -1 doesn't seem to appear unless its already been set by the 'Ok' button function
Just to clarify, does it happen in Track Tool?

DJ Denise said:
Can you explain what is being set in MP3 when you run the BPM detect button so that i better understand what it is doing to these files. I still cannot use the automated  tools on the play list as this problem persists here placing infuriating -1 could this not be set to blank instead of -1 which is really unhelpful
It sets a custom RadioBOSS tag ("PlaybackLevel") to the detected BPM value. It writes -1 instead of blank so that it won't check those files again when you scan your library to depect BPM.

Dmtry,
Yes this is in he Track tool

I have been manually setting these again and have another potential thought of the problem if the Playback level is 0 on the slider the BPS detect seems to work more than less, it works pretty much with new tracks  if you run the Detect play back before it creates a  -1 .. I am still trying to find the logic in all this for you to give you a proper cause .

Denise Hugs

BPM detection does not use the "playback level" value. If you have a track for which you get different BPM results that depend on playback level, can you please send it to support@djsoft.net?

Back