By the Second Playlist Generator

vocalistics

Everything in this programme works great an you can schedule tasks down to the second but in Playlist Generator Pro it only allows you to seta  target time for minute segments.

Our news (with into and outro) is 3:30 and we have plenty of promos, indents and songs etc so if I could instruct it to create a playlist of 56m 30s that would be awsome - as it is I have to go for 56 or 57 which means something gets faded away!

Yes, currently it allows to specify minutes and it doesn't generate playlist with exact duration - it will be always slightly (1-2 minutes) longer.

This will be solved somehow in the future, like it will add a sweeper to the end to make playlist duration... But for now the last track in the hour will be faded out.

So what I want is to ensure that if a show is for example 50 mins in 3 parts I will set the scheduler for example to this:

Ident
Show - Track one - 15m
Ident
Promo
Show -  Track two - 15 mins
ident
Promo
Show Track three-15 min
Ident

I am setting the show tracks NOT to repeat but the indents and promos to ignore repeat rules so it can generate an hour.  I will also be putting in ads.  Is there any way to guarantee that the three show elements get played in full and that if anything is going to be faded out it is always a jingle not show or advert?

The only way to guarantee it is to make sure that duration of this block:
Ident
Show - Track one - 15m
Ident
Promo
Show -  Track two - 15 mins
ident
Promo
Show Track three-15 min
is 50 minutes or less - this way the last "Ident" will be faded out. As all show parts are 45 minutes, all promos and idents in between should be 5 minutes or less.

Ok I will give that a try thanks.  I am guessing then that with any spare tiem if I have silence detector on for 3 seconds it wil then just revert to the backup playlist and fill the gap with music if there is a shortfall before TOTH/?

vocalistics said:
Ok I will give that a try thanks.  I am guessing then that with any spare tiem if I have silence detector on for 3 seconds it wil then just revert to the backup playlist and fill the gap with music if there is a shortfall before TOTH/?
Yes. But I'd suggest you try this before using in the production... Silence Detector is designed for emergency situations, but it should work as you described too.

Back