Calculate Time

pety

I kept long time last version (4.9) of RadioBOSS becouse was the best.
I jumped directly to 5.1.0.7 in all my radios.

I saw the bigg difference between 4.9 and 5.1 : very good time calculation in 4.9. Almost at second. In 5.1 is a disaster. I make playlist by one hour. There are large different time duration in the playlist and when RadioBOSS is playing it. from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. IT IS HUGE for us.

pety said:

I saw the bigg difference between 4.9 and 5.1 : very good time calculation in 4.9. Almost at second. In 5.1 is a disaster. I make playlist by one hour. There are large different time duration in the playlist and when RadioBOSS is playing it. from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. IT IS HUGE for us.
Can you please give more specifics on it? E.g. screenshots from both of the versions, playlist examples etc.

djsoft said:
pety said:

Can you please give more specifics on it? E.g. screenshots from both of the versions, playlist examples etc.
This will take some time, becouse I have to make two screenshots. First will be with the playlist before to be played and the Second wit playlist playing.

Lets take hour 12, becouse it is right now (Romania).

In the first half hour there is a difference by minus 32 seconds between the playlist saved and playlist played.
This is HUGE. Remember I make playlists for 24 hours. (one day).
If I would make playlists for 6 hours or 12 hours the difference could be incredible huge.

Attachments

• A_Hour12_before_playing.jpg
    A_Hour12_before_playing.jpg
    799 KB · Views: 485
  • a_hour_12_AFTER_played.jpg
    a_hour_12_AFTER_played.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 416
Q.E.D. Almost one minute (51 second on minus) in one hour. This is inacceptable. I am tempted to make downgrade to version 4.9. That's why I use it so long. In a Professional Radio Station TIME is the master.

So, for ID's and time announcement I have to guess where to add the track in playlist,  ???

Attachments

• B_Hour12_before_playing.jpg
    B_Hour12_before_playing.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 410
  • b_Hour12_AFTER_play.jpg
    b_Hour12_AFTER_play.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 407
pety said:

In the first half hour there is a difference by minus 32 seconds between the playlist saved and playlist played.
If I would make playlists for 6 hours or 12 hours the difference could be incredible huge.
Here the difference starts from the track #3 (Spot 017) - it played 2 seconds less than it supposed to. Do you have the Gap Killer feature turned on (Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous->Remove gap between tracks)?

Also make sure you disable the Trigger mix at in the Crossfading parameters.

Both those options can affect real playback duration. Disable them if you want to see the exact times.

djsoft said:
pety said:

Here the difference starts from the track #3 (Spot 017) - it played 2 seconds less than it supposed to. Do you have the Gap Killer feature turned on (Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous->Remove gap between tracks)?
I allways had "Remove gap between tracks" on for sharp time calculation.

pety said:
I allways had "Remove gap between tracks" on for sharp time calculation.
Actually, you should turn it off for precise length calculation. This feature scans the track before its playback and removes silence at the beginning and at the end. So each track will be about 1-2 seconds less in length. This can explain why calculations are incorrect in your case...

I've edited my previous answer http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3886.msg16777.html#msg16777 - pay attention to Trigger mix art option as well.

Never used "Trigger mix...".
OK. I will uncheck "Remove gap between tracks". I hope that this is the fix of the problems.

I am asking here.
How to make to remain in playlist events wich played? Without destroy my playlist or event.

pety said:
Never used "Trigger mix...".
OK. I will uncheck "Remove gap between tracks". I hope that this is the fix of the problems.
Please let me know of the results.

pety said:
I am asking here.
How to make to remain in playlist events wich played? Without destroy my playlist or event.
If you don't want scheduled events to be deleted from the playlist after playback, enable the Do not delete scheduled tracks from the playlist after playback option in the event properties. Also check if you have any events with the Clear playlist option enabled - those events will clear your playlist.

So, in fact, all events should have checked "Do not delete..." if I want to see in Main Playlist all particular events?

pety said:
So, in fact, all events should have checked "Do not delete..." if I want to see in Main Playlist all particular events?
Yes, all events which you want to remain in the playlist need to have this option turned on.

After so many years of experience (yours) I would like if you and your team will make a section of VIDEO TUTORIAL. In this video section you create complexes radio scenarious managed by RadioBOSS Scheduler. All important RAS company has a section like that. Help file is usefull, but not enough.

pety said:
After so many years of experience (yours) I would like if you and your team will make a section of VIDEO TUTORIAL. In this video section you create complexes radio scenarious managed by RadioBOSS Scheduler. All important RAS company has a section like that. Help file is usefull, but not enough.
It depends on preferences... May people don't like spending time watching videos. Reading is faster, and you can also print out the user manual.
Anyway, we're thinking of preparing training videos for some most common actions like using the scheduler, setting up encoders etc.

djsoft said:
pety said:
It depends on preferences... May people don't like spending time watching videos. Reading is faster, and you can also print out the user manual.
Anyway, we're thinking of preparing training videos for some most common actions like using the scheduler, setting up encoders etc.
Another thing wich make me to understand that you don't care about requests. What if I say with facts that all my people likes video tutorial. And they are a lot. Recently some of people from my class accessed James Toton's tutorials. That was a gold mine for them.

It is your choice, I don't care.

Yes, tutorials from James are good and you can use them. We'll also prepare our own tutorials at some point in the future.

pety said:
Another thing wich make me to understand that you don't care about requests.
A lot of user requests were implemented in RadioBOSS and our other products over the years: hundreds of new features, tweaks, improvements, optimizations, etc. I'm not sure why you call it "do not care about requests".

djsoft said:
Yes, tutorials from James are good and you can use them. We'll also prepare our own tutorials at some point in the future.

pety said:
Another thing wich make me to understand that you don't care about requests.
A lot of user requests were implemented in RadioBOSS and our other products over the years: hundreds of new features, tweaks, improvements, optimizations, etc. I'm not sure why you call it "do not care about requests".
Yes, corect is very few. You're right.
In fact, all my requests were implemented.
I am angry about multiple actions and that is reflecting in other topics  :(

pety said:
Yes, it has some bugs which should be fixed in the future releases.

But the problem which you've mentioned about it (here http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3884.msg16750.html#msg16750 ), when you wanted to start an ID and then use the generate command - I'm afraid this won't be fixed. The generate command takes some time to complete, and if you have it in the playlist, the playback will be stopped until generation completes. A good solution for this is to insert the ID from the playlist generator, and then use only the single generate command in the event.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Yes, it has some bugs which should be fixed in the future releases.

But the problem which you've mentioned about it (here http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3884.msg16750.html#msg16750 ), when you wanted to start an ID and then use the generate command - I'm afraid this won't be fixed. The generate command takes some time to complete, and if you have it in the playlist, the playback will be stopped until generation completes. A good solution for this is to insert the ID from the playlist generator, and then use only the single generate command in the event.
Yes, I did that. That was the only one solution, indeed. Step-by-step I will schedule all events to work everything right.

Back