Clarification oh how Repeat Protection works

Good User

Do Repeat Protection rules take into account all the different folders in use, for example:

If I have set the Artist Repeat to 260 minutes (4 hours 20 minutes), does that mean that each folder that has songs in it must have a minimum of 260 minutes of song time in total, or does the Artist Repeat add up the total time of all songs, even those in different folders, and then apply the Artist Repeat rule?

Also, is it possible to add a Validate function to assist those users unsure if their Protection rules are to high in minutes. 4 Validate Test buttons would need to be provided, one for each Repeat Protection rule, so that the user knows which Rule is set too high in minutes. You could then put a green checkmark next to those Rules which passed, and a red X next to those Rules that fail validation. If you do not like putting a green checkmark or a red X nest to each Rule then you could put a Pass or Fail result next to each button. The Rule test result indicators would only appear after clicking on the Test buttons.

An alternative to providing a Test feature would be to indicate the Total Time of Songs that are Indexed. I think that should be provided anyway. Very often I wonder what the total time is of all Indexed songs, to try to guess the best settings for my Repeat Protection rules.

Please note that a competitor to RadioBOSS Cloud provides both a way to test if each Separation Rule Time in Minutes is set too high and also provides a Total Time in Minutes of all Indexed Songs (they call it a Song Library total, in Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds is how it is displayed, for example 2 days, 10 hours 11 minutes 42 seconds is an example. It would only update when Songs are added or deleted from the Index. I have seen other people ask for this functionality with RadioBOSS.

Thank You Very Much for your assistance,

Gary

If I have set the Artist Repeat to 260 minutes (4 hours 20 minutes), does that mean that each folder that has songs in it must have a minimum of 260 minutes of song time in total, or does the Artist Repeat add up the total time of all songs, even those in different folders, and then apply the Artist Repeat rule?
It doesn't care where the tracks are located, it only checks what artists were already played and if the next track it's supposed to select passes all repeat protection rules.

Also, is it possible to add a Validate function to assist those users unsure if their Protection rules are to high in minutes.
This feature exists in the Music Library. Tools menu, Repeat Protection Test.

An alternative to providing a Test feature would be to indicate the Total Time of Songs that are Indexed. I think that should be provided anyway. Very often I wonder what the total time is of all Indexed songs, to try to guess the best settings for my Repeat Protection rules.
This can also be checked in the Music Library (status bar shows the total duration), or simply add all music to the playlist in RadioBOSS it will also calculate the total duration.

Back