Cloud Playlist Fade

SpiritOldies

I am a newbie user to Radioboss Cloud. I am extremely thrilled to have found this platform! So far, everything I want to do is supported on Cloud. I have a question about Cloud playlists, and fade. My playlists generally run 30 mins, and musically end with an instrumental. I am looking for a slow fade out of the playlist. For example, I'd like my playlist to fade out at 01:58:54, with a 1 minute playlist starting at 1:59:00. While the playlist does indeed fade, it does so in about 1.5 seconds. I'd like to have a longer fade out. Functionally, is there something I am overlooking? I considered uploading a duplicate folder of instrumentals, setting up a file type called "Instrumental Fades". I don't have a problem doing that. I just wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something. Thank you for a great platform.

You can configure crossfades in Settings->Crossfading section. There are different file types and each can have a different fading settings.

It will fade out every track in the playlist in accordance with the Crossfading settings. Please check if you have those settings right.
Thank you for that information. Yes, that makes sense now. I was trying for a 4 second fade down, when I reach the end of a playlist, without changing my cross fade for the entire station. That's not a criticism. I think I have a workaround. Everything else about Radioboss Cloud is A+++. Thank you.

I was trying for a 4 second fade down, when I reach the end of a playlist, without changing my cross fade for the entire station.
There's no difference if it's the end of the playlist or somewhere in the middle of it. Crossfades (fade in, fade out, etc) are evaluated individually for music tracks, based on their file type.

I appreciate all of the information, thank you! I believe part of my issue is how I explained what I was hoping for. My playlist is scheduled to run approx 29 minutes. At 29 minutes the playlist has to end. Currently, I use another an event or another playlist to stop it at the specific time. It ends, but always abruptly, in about 2.5 seconds.

The last two songs in the playlist are instrumentals. The plan was to have the playlist fade out. Interrupting the playlist with a new playlist, does not give the crossfade, or the fadeout I would like. I suppose that is because I am interrupting the playlist. It never really finishes. I don't believe that is system's fault. This was my own oversight. SO... if there was a 'wishlist' of features, one of them would be to have a programmable "Stop Playlist" with it's own fadeout time. I do realize this is not probably not a popular feature for most formats. However, my clockwheel times are specific... I have scheduled breaks and at the bottom of the hour and a minute to the hour, sermons and such, which need to start on time.

This is certainly not a deal breaker. Everything else about Radioboss Cloud has exceeded my expectations. I absolutely love everything about it!

You can make it fade out more gradually - there's fadeout scheduler command, e.g. you can execute fadeout 10000 to make it fade out during 10 seconds. There's another command: next with CueNextOnEnd modifier that can be used to fade out slower and go to the next item (use RadioBOSS 6.3 beta for this). More details on this command here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm

I am using Cloud, without the desktop software. Can fadeout eventually be made available for Cloud customers? Thank you again.

I am using Cloud, without the desktop software. Can fadeout eventually be made available for Cloud customers? Thank you again.
You can try using fadeout command in the Cloud too, it should work. However Cloud doesn't support multiple actions yet, so it's not very convenient. We'll see how this can be improved.

I'm having trouble finding where to schedule a fadeout in Cloud. I have attached how the Scheduler and Action screens look. Actions include: Tracklist, Playlist, Streams, and File.

Attachments

• rboss1.jpg
    rboss1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 124
I'm having trouble finding where to schedule a fadeout in Cloud. I have attached how the Scheduler and Action screens look. Actions include: Tracklist, Playlist, Streams, and File.
Not tested, but probably entering "fadeout 10000" directly into the Action field will work.

Thank you, but that does not work. It looks for a file name.

6:38:01 AMfadeout 10000
6:38:01 AMUnable to play! Error code 2 (unable to open the file/invalid server address).

6:28:50 AMStarting event "fadeout"
6:28:50 AMSchedule: [fadeout] fadeout 5000 (~files\fadeout 5000)

Yes, I'm sorry. Looks like it won't work because of paths post-processing. We'll make commands work in one of the future updates.

Back