Commercials from ad scheduler fail to play

KBRadio_THP

I am pretty sure it is something that is checked or not checked that is causing this issue.  Here is what happens.  I use ad scheduler and run regular commercial breaks at :15 and :45.  I than using the regular scheduler have station ID's and Jingles set up to insert every 17 minutes for example.  What happens when a commercial break comes up at one of the times but a tune is playing it of course slots itself in to start after the track that is playing.  If in the time between when it does this and it actually plays, if a station ID simultaneously schedules, the commercials will not play.  Only the station ID plays.

I hope that is clear enough.  It doesnt matter how I adjust the times for the station ID's it happens at least twice a day, sometimes up to 4 or 5 times in a day.  This of course creates a situation where commercial time needs to be made up somehow.

For the "station ID" event, enable the "If there are tracks from the schedule in the playlist, enqueue" option - this will make it insert the ID after the ads.

Another option is to use Intro/Outro for ad breaks - those are set up in Ads Scheduler, in Settings->Blocks: you may consider adding station ID as block outro (it will simply be added to the end), use the "Set block outro" button.

Back