Compressor Settings

TBN Radio

Hi,

why does the sound bump when the compressor is on? The quality if the songs are awesome when it’s on but only thing it keeps on bumping for songs.
Is there a good way of having the songs played in an equal quality without the song pumping?

need the compressor on as it gives a good sound.

The compressor implementation does not add any bumps - it works as intended. The problem can be with compressor configuration, you can try a different preset or try using the default settings.

It’s like this, at once the sound goes high and again low, on the same track. That’s what bumps. When the compressor is on the sound quality is great but only issue is what I mentioned above.

Thanks

Yes, when the compressor is on, only for certain genres the sound up & low occurs. It’s like it adjusts the track to be loud and low in certain parts of the track. When listening to the station, for some songs it’s like bump and for some it’s like we are voluming up & down.

What would really cool is if the compressor could be turned on or off at certain times or for different genres. Compression for Jazz is very different than compression for Blues or Oldies. It would be great to be able to have the compressor switch to a preset configuration either at certain times or for different genres.

Thank you for the suggestion. I think something like this will be implemented in the future.

I don't see how this is possible. Compressor in RadioBOSS can't do this.
What you say is true, I have been monitoring it from different devices since you replied, It is only for certain devices that you feel so. The Compressor works great. If you listen from an apple device or a high quality device it works perfectly.

Back