Conditional Events

rcschaff82

Not sure if this has been requested before, but I have 2 requests:

1) Conditional Events in the schedule. For Example: I would like to utilize playrequestedsong. However I want to put a lead-in.mp3, if (and only if), there is a song in the request que to add to the playlist.

2) I would hope there could be some advanced scripting language like Spacials' PAL introduced at some point in development, to allow more control over the flow of actions.

1) Conditional Events in the schedule. For Example: I would like to utilize playrequestedsong. However I want to put a lead-in.mp3, if (and only if), there is a song in the request que to add to the playlist.
We have this on our list for the future updates. Could be added in the next major release.

2) I would hope there could be some advanced scripting language like Spacials' PAL introduced at some point in development, to allow more control over the flow of actions.
I'm not sure it will be a good addition, thing that concerns the most here is that any scripting features will result in lots and lots of support tickets. What is it you would like to do with the scripts? Maybe it can be added as a feature.

Possibly it could be added as an advanced option, with no warranty or support? But I see a lot of things on the forum here that could be solved by a scripting language. For instance, it would be great to setvol on players independently. I can attest, that I also use SAM Broadcaster, and the PAL scripting allows for a lot of flexibility with their program, and they release many scripts on their site for performing additional tasks. It's just a thought.

Well, this may be interesting, as a part of one of the future major updates, I'll add it to the requested features list for now.

Back