Connection failures again

wutzthedeal

Getting output 1, 2, and 3 errors tonight (error -1).  Tried to tracert tube.us-east.spreaker.com and tube.spreaker.com with these results; any idea what it means exactly? 

EDIT: Reinstalled software and it started working again (only after an uninstall).  I doubt this is coincidence... just not sure what's happening, here (RB or Win7)

Attachments

• ScreenShot137.jpg
    ScreenShot137.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 467
  • ScreenShot136.jpg
    ScreenShot136.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 446
wutzthedeal said:
Getting output 1, 2, and 3 errors tonight (error -1).  Tried to tracert tube.us-east.spreaker.com and tube.spreaker.com with these results; any idea what it means exactly? 
It means that it can't connect to the remote server. You should try contacting your ISP and ask them why it's happening...

wutzthedeal said:
EDIT: Reinstalled software and it started working again (only after an uninstall).  I doubt this is coincidence... just not sure what's happening, here (RB or Win7)
The problem is not in RadioBOSS, that's for sure - from your screenshots it's clear that it is a network problem. If tracert can't route to the server, that means no other program on your PC will be unable to connect to it.

Thanks Dmitry but it's not as simple as it looks.  For example, tonight RB connected fine and right after the broadcast, the tracert failed again.  Moreover, I can surf and watch videos without issue during these times when RB won't connect.

This makes me think that it is something in Windows, and that it may be a file that RB is using in Windows that, for whatever reason, is malfunctioning.  Is there any chance that one of the codec files or system files could be corrupt because of modifications made by RB (and/or SAM, RadioDJ, or Mixxx?).  Like I said, it worked great tonight and sounded professional as always.

RadioBOSS doesn't make any system-wide changes: it doesn't change system configuration, doesn't change system files or anything like this. Therefore, it can't affect network connectivity in any way. It's a technical problem either on your PC or on your ISP's side. If tracert command fails, then nor RB nor any other program will be able to connect to the server.

I'd suggest you start with contacting your ISP and ask them why tracert to Spreaker servers fails.

Also try removing (disabling won't be enough as their driver will still be active) all antivirus and firewall software. It's very likely that issue is coming from there.

Hey Dmitry; I'm almost sure this has to do with how RadioBOSS is interacting with my system now.  The ultimate test is how I can open up SAM and connect with no problem but this occasional issue with my system (well about once every 2 days right now) is causing it to not connect.  For example, I have been trying to connect since 8am and cannot.  I opened SAM to put in all the same settings to test it, thinking it would also fail, but it worked.  SO I thought maybe the server is back up; went back to RB; won't connect.  Back to SAM, it connects.  I'm really stumped here.  It's a real heartbreaker because I love this software.  I've disabled all potential 3rd party interference programs.

UPDATE: I THINK I figured it out!  In RB, if you use Spreaker, you CANNOT use parenthesis OR apostrophes in the Title of the show; you can use them in the description.  I confirmed this many times to make sure.  You can use periods or ellipses.  There MAY be other letters/marks/whatever that would cause failure; I'm e-mailing Spreaker now. 

wutzthedeal said:
I'm almost sure this has to do with how RadioBOSS is interacting with my system now.
This is impossible... As I said before, RadioBOSS can't affect network in any way. Also it doesn't make any system-wide changes.

wutzthedeal said:
UPDATE: I THINK I figured it out!  In RB, if you use Spreaker, you CANNOT use parenthesis OR apostrophes in the Title of the show; you can use them in the description.  I confirmed this many times to make sure.  You can use periods or ellipses.  There MAY be other letters/marks/whatever that would cause failure; I'm e-mailing Spreaker now. 
This makes sense. And also it does look like a Spreaker issue as apostrophes and parenthesis work fine with the regular Icecast server.

Dmitry, they say they've tested it with "the latest version" of RB and they aren't having a problem.  I sat right here and tested it 20 times myself; parentheses and apostrophes failed, deleting them didn't.  I even tried new titles with them and the same results happened, so whatever it is (or was), it had to do with syntax.  I just hope it really is/was something this simple, because as you know, there is nothing that will make you lose regular listeners more quickly than telling them you're about to do a show, having them wait, and then having to delay/postpone.  Anyway, for me, right now, I'm up and running and happy for that (I would just leave Spreaker, but I got the Station Plan since my show got picked up by iHeartRadio so they are paying the bill for me of $120 monthly so I just can't complain right now with my budget, you know?  Gotta take what I can get...).

wutzthedeal said:
Dmitry, they say they've tested it with "the latest version" of RB and they aren't having a problem.  I sat right here and tested it 20 times myself; parentheses and apostrophes failed, deleting them didn't.  I even tried new titles with them and the same results happened, so whatever it is (or was), it had to do with syntax.
That's really odd, especially that Spreaker staff can't reproduce the issue. Good thing that you have a workaround for this :)

Dmitry,
    I think I was wrong; it has to do with going beyond the 40-character limit.  Not sure if you want to address that in the software, because Spreaker says they are going to put a warning on the "tube" page www.spreaker.com/tube/broadcast but they won't change code, I don't think.  I was removing parentheses and apostrophes and when I did, I was going down to 40 chars; when I would add them back in, I would go above, leading me to think that it was the actual chars. that were the problem.  It happened again tonight and that problem/solution worked again.

I suppose that 40 chars limit comes from Spreaker? If so, RadioBOSS can't do much about it...

Yes that is Spreaker's deal.  Why they didn't have a simple error code in place to send to the inquiring software, I don't know; how many people are having connection issues in various software based only on being over 40 characters?  That should be a prominent warning on their site or it should be fixed/extended, imo.

Probably that 40 characters limit comes form their web site - longer titles doesn't fit.

Back