Counting the number o impressions for ads

Christian

Hi,

We plan to start advertising on our webradio. A common way to monetized advertisements on pure player webradios is over the number of impression. Could it be possible to setup a report counting the number of listeners over all streaming server for each ad. This to be a factual proof that advertisement really targets the required number of listeners.
When an ad is detected by a specific tag ?ADVERT:? RB monitors the current number of listeners and stores it into a separate database (or csv. file) with the Ad title and time stamp.
Using a database can provide a tool for monitoring the evolution of an Ad over certain period of time.
We can even think going even farther with an integrated tool where you specify RB advertisement time period and the number of required impression for each ad. RB can stop the broadcast when required number of impression is reached.

Christian

There are plans to create Adverticement Scheduler for RadioBOSS, but it will count only based number of playbacks, not the number of actual listeners.

Of course, technically it's possible to calculate the number of listeners too... But it seems so narrow-specialized, so I'm not sure if there will be much demand for this.

It's just a minor evolution as you already are able to get the total number of listeners. It is just a matter of storring an extra integer.
This method really tends to be the way ads are sold, on webradio station, at least on the french market. It's a good way to prove you actually target the required audience to the annoncer.

Christian

Yes, it calculate get the number of listeners, but it only calculates it when stats window is open... Of course, it's possible to change this behavior, but currently I'm not ready for it - there are already too much changes done in RB 4.7, and many new bugs were introducedm which need to be fixed... Well, I marked this feature for a future.

Also I was thinking about moving stats out of RadioBOSS to a web server - to make it accessible online. With some new features: display a chart, configurable stats relays, collect data 24/7 and store archives etc.

Back