Crossfades for FileTypes

mbabb

I have created a Scheduled Event to randomly play one Legal ID from my ID folder each hour.  I have also created a "File Type" called IDs and set that type for no fading.  My question is, do I need edit the track properties for every Station ID that is in that particular folder and add each one to the IDs file type that I created?  and this is done via the Music Library?

Now, what about "Line IN"?  What is the best way to adjust the crossfade (specifically Fade In & Fade Out) for only the LINE IN, without it affecting any other audio files?

thanks

Michael Babb said:
I have created a Scheduled Event to randomly play one Legal ID from my ID folder each hour.  I have also created a "File Type" called IDs and set that type for no fading.  My question is, do I need edit the track properties for every Station ID that is in that particular folder and add each one to the IDs file type that I created?  and this is done via the Music Library?
Yes, you'll need to either make all Station ID files have something in common, e.g. set its "Artist" tag field to "Station ID" (suppose you have "Station ID" as an identifier for the file type).

Or you can explicitly set the file type in properties: Music Library is the most convenient way to do so, as you can select all the files and set the file type in one operation.

Michael Babb said:
Now, what about "Line IN"?  What is the best way to adjust the crossfade (specifically Fade In & Fade Out) for only the LINE IN, without it affecting any other audio files?
The best way is to create a file type for Line.In and set its crossfading parameters.

If you're using the default Line.IN which is named "<SYSTEM> - LINE INPUT" then you can simply create a file type with the"LINE INPUT" identifier.

djsoft said:
Yes, you'll need to either make all Station ID files have something in common, e.g. set its "Artist" tag field to "Station ID" (suppose you have "Station ID" as an identifier for the file type).

Or you can explicitly set the file type in properties: Music Library is the most convenient way to do so, as you can select all the files and set the file type in one operation.
The light bulb just came on!  Now I understand how to use the "Identifier" and filetypes!

djsoft said:
The best way is to create a file type for Line.In and set its crossfading parameters.

If you're using the default Line.IN which is named "<SYSTEM> - LINE INPUT" then you can simply create a file type with the"LINE INPUT" identifier.
Perfect!  I'll get right on it.

Thanks!

Michael Babb said:
The light bulb just came on!  Now I understand how to use the "Identifier" and filetypes!
About identifiers and file types - this article has pretty good explanation: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm

Back