detect feed is down, play something else?

nmai

I have a feed (play from URL) primary, some time it down/not available. Would like to know is there a way to detect that then play something else. Will automatic switch back when it available? Thanks

nmai said:
I have a feed (play from URL) primary, some time it down/not available. Would like to know is there a way to detect that then play something else. Will automatic switch back when it available? Thanks
If network stream is unplayable for some reason, it'll move to the next track in the playlist. You can also set up Silence Detector in case playlist has no tracks, so RB will start so called "emergency playlist": http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/silence_detector.htm

Thank-you for the tip, but it's our primary feed though? How does it will go back you that primary feed?

nmai said:
Thank-you for the tip, but it's our primary feed though? How does it will go back you that primary feed?
Are you retransmitting another stream?

Yes. I tried DTMF. But did not get it work as I want it. You think that will work? Can you explain little bit  more about DTMF, what is the purpose, how to use in scheduler ?

nmai said:
Yes. I tried DTMF. But did not get it work as I want it. You think that will work? Can you explain little bit  more about DTMF, what is the purpose, how to use in scheduler ?
It depends on what you want to achieve. Please let me know what you're trying to do.

let me explain my situation, we re-broadcast from hq by streaming URL. But to prevent when something happen to streaming (silent). I would like to detect silent and play something then whenever the stream is back to normal switch back to it. Is it possible?

Thanks

nmai said:
let me explain my situation, we re-broadcast from hq by streaming URL. But to prevent when something happen to streaming (silent). I would like to detect silent and play something then whenever the stream is back to normal switch back to it. Is it possible?
It's not possible currently. If you just want to retransmit, just add an URL to the playlist and select the Repeat Track option.

Back