Easy RDS support

phantomfm

At this moment RB is generating a 'now playing' text file wich only contains artist and title.

As i try several packages all the time, i found that the feature in SAM is verry nice to implement RDS text and also RDS+ support for streotool.
SAM has a feature to open a html or txt file, and replace artist and title in that file on song change and save it as another file.

Since i use this feature to generate RDS+ i would love RB to implement such a system because audio in RB is far more superior than SAM.

example rds_in_file.txt

NOW \+AR $song.artist$\- - \+TI $song.title$\- on the best station on the planet

example rds_output_file.txt

NOW \+AR Genesis\- - \+TI Jesus He Knows Me\- on the best station on the planet

This workes perfect, and since the audio of RB is much better i would love to switch back to RB.

Currently Nowplaying file (of configured to be saved in TXT format) uses the same track title format as set for broadcasting (the default is %artist - %title). We can add a separate option to control how the TXT file is saved.

Currently Nowplaying file (of configured to be saved in TXT format) uses the same track title format as set for broadcasting (the default is %artist - %title). We can add a separate option to control how the TXT file is saved.
That would be nice, however it would not fix the issue. There should be an INPUT file and an OUTPUT file. The input file has some text, including the %artist and %title variables. In the output file, all the text will be transferred and the %artist and %title is filled with the current song.
This gives a massive improvement on RDS support. I hope this can be implemented...when this workes i will switch back to RadioBoss without a doubt. The audio output of RadioBoss superior compared to SAM.

Back