Encoder

What am I doing wrong? When I shut down RB 6.0.6 and restart it a few things aren't being saved. I always have to set up the stream encoder. I backed everything up and it still happens.

Last edited:
Do you see error messages like "Unable to load settings" after you start RadioBOSS? (the messages will be in the log) If so - RadioBOSS will not save the settings. You should determine why the settings can't be loaded, e.g. antivirus can block the read operation or the files are not accessible for some reason. Probably PC restart should help.

I am still having the issue of the encoder not retaining the settings in the settings backup after restoring. I don't get any error message and this PC doesn't have any antivirus on it. I know that when a perform a settings backup it creates a zip file. If I extract the zip file what should I be looking for to make sure the encoder settings are save to it? I might try taking a saved setting zip file from a different PC and try that. Will that work?

If I extract the zip file what should I be looking for to make sure the encoder settings are save to it?
You can open the "player.ini" file, the encoder settings are stored there. If RadioBOSS doesn't save the settings when you close and open it, this is a serious problem, and backup/restore feature is likely also broken there. The problem is somewhere else e.g. there are no "write" rights for the folder where the settings are stored.

Please start RadioBOSS and check the log if it shows any errors.

I am have this same problem after my power went out. Need some help
I eventually used a different PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 (updated) and Radio BOSS. All of the settings are now being saved. I'm not sure why the setting weren't being saved in the first place.

Back