Enqueue

ProgMan

We are a radio station broadcasting 24/7. We run a generated playlist comprised of music, which has IDs, spots, PSAs, etc. But we also have original content comprised of shows. I run them as "events". An event will be usually one hour, but sometimes two, or even a few hours. I want to be able to program the event for airplay, and then once the event ends, it returns to the generated playlist or the following event. So, back and forth from event to playlist, throughout a day.

I got every event to run on time when it is supposed to. However, once the event is playing, it goes straight to the bottom of the playlist. That's an issue, because if there is no event afterwards, there is no playlist selection "up next" and we get silence. So, I have to then manually get it going to resume broadcast. Radio stations cannot have silence. This has become a pain in the ass.

What I am doing wrong? I attached an image of how I set up each event. I selected the "enqueuing" box, because the manual seems to suggest that is what I should do. In other threads, enqueuing has come up and offered perhaps some thoughts that maybe this might be an issue. I have attached an image of how I set up an event - in this case, a show which will air tonight (Saturday) at 9pm. It will air, which is great, but it will drop straight to the bottom of the playlist, and I will have to log in and get us back on the playlist.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong. I suspect it could be I checked the wrong boxes. Anyway, please help if you can. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Event.JPG
    Event.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 118
You should disable the "If there are scheduled tracks, enqueue" option. This will make it insert the event right after the currently playing track.

Back