error generating a playlist

Leandrofiorenza

Hello, I want to tell a rare bug that happens to me occasionally.
At night we use Playlist Generator Pro by the developer for a list of 5 hours, from a playlist. M3u containing about 1000 songs.
The problem is that ever happened to me that when it starts to generate the disk usage event is raised largely by middle and about a minute (using the CPU I could not measure, but to have half a branded pc, as Boss Radio real time takes precedence.) and does not generate anything. after this one minute and RB Freezing restarts without having created anything. It happened just 2 or 3 times this problem, but something must be going well. After this error I tried to generate the same list again and do it correctly without tildarse and not take so long, it is in a long time.
I have the Avast antivirus, I thought it was something with my computer but now another PC on the radio I wanted to add about 3,000 songs using the "Playlist >> add file", and it happened exactly the same, starts to load Boss Radio something for 1.5 minutes and restarted, without charging the slopes.
The first time this happened I was a beta version of 4.7.
On the other hand maximum time of generating a playlist I've set 600 seconds, which I think is the maximum, because for me it is important to always run the tasks.
Greetings and thanks

It may happen because of this: when it first reads the track information from the disk for the first time, it can be slow. When you generate the playlist second time, it reads that information from cache - that's why it happens faster.

Do you use scheduler to generate a playlist? In the next update (RadioBOSS 4.7.2) the playlist creation will be performed in the background, so RadioBOSS won't lock up and your problem will be solved.

djsoft said:
In the next update (RadioBOSS 4.7.2) the playlist creation will be performed in the background, so RadioBOSS won't lock up and your problem will be solved.
That's a great news!

The playlists using the "generate" command are now created in the background, and the program won't freeze.
You can download an update here: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_4.7.2.0.exe

hello, now try adding about 1700 songs to a list from the command >> Add Playlist file (not from an m3u file, if not from the folder containing those tracks). and returned to pass the same mistake that I spent with playlist generator pro.
Radio boss is labeled for about a minute and makes extensive use of hard disk. RB minutes after the restart.
perhaps this is because reading the tags of the songs.
regards

Leandrofiorenza said:
hello, now try adding about 1700 songs to a list from the command >> Add Playlist file (not from an m3u file, if not from the folder containing those tracks). and returned to pass the same mistake that I spent with playlist generator pro.
Radio boss is labeled for about a minute and makes extensive use of hard disk. RB minutes after the restart.
perhaps this is because reading the tags of the songs.
regards
Yes, only playlist generation is performed in the background. If you add tracks directly from folder, it may hang.
The workaround will be to use Playlist Generator. There's a "Use all tracks from source" option in the category settings, which may help you.
I added it to a bug list - this will be fixed in the future.

Back