Fun with Scheduler - trying to schedule events in order

mcurran

I'm trying to use scheduler to do the following, each weekend:

Show 1 - (length usually 28.00 mins, but time varies depending on each show's actual length)
Midway Break Commercial (.30) (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer)
Show 2 (another 28.00 mins, but time varies depending on show length)

So to do this, I'm scheduling it for Weekends Only, unchecking all weekday boxes.

Then I'm setting scheduler this way:

Show 1 - 8:00pm
Midway Break Commercial - 8:27:00 
Show 2 - 8:27:01

When I do this, it goes directly into Show 2,  eliminating the midway Break commercial,
and at other times, it plays the midway break commercial, then instead of going to Show 2,
which should stay in the queue, it reverts back to the regular playlist.

I've tried using the checkbox for "if there are tracks from the schedule in the playlist, in the enqueue"
and also tried unchecking it, it doesn't make any difference.

I also tried setting it for an actual date, and not used the Weekdays function.

I'm also checking "maximum time to wait in the queue" - 10 minutes

Basically, I'm asking what might be wrong, as my logic tells me if I am not sure how long each segment or event is going to run, I should be able to schedule each event in order like this:

Event 1 - 8:00:00
Event 2 - 8:00:01
Event 3 - 8:00:02

and each item is checked to wait in the queue for 10 mins, or longer.

Is this a mistake I am making with the scheduler, or is it a bug?

It looks like the Show2 event has the "Remove previous schedule from the playlist" option turned on.

mcurran said:
Basically, I'm asking what might be wrong, as my logic tells me if I am not sure how long each segment or event is going to run, I should be able to schedule each event in order like this:

Event 1 - 8:00:00
Event 2 - 8:00:01
Event 3 - 8:00:02
That's correct. With the "If there are tracks from the schedule in the playlist, enqueue" turned on, it will work as you described: events will go one after another.

Also I don't think you need to use the "Maximum time to wait..." feature for this - try turning it off.

So, in this case, "Remove previous schedule from the playlist" should always be off for all
events scheduled in sequence like this?

mcurran said:
So, in this case, "Remove previous schedule from the playlist" should always be off for all
events scheduled in sequence like this?
Yes. Only the first event can have this option turned on.

Back