Generating playlists in the most efficient way possible, with as few scheduler events as possible

Hello,
I am still trying to figure out the best way to generate my playlists efficiently that I am satisfied with. Even after all these months, I find the scheduler to be almost to complicated. With the other software I have used for years, you create rotations, which are the same as your playlists, and then you just assign a rotation to each hour of the day. So, you create your schedule, assign it a day or multiple, then just go through, pick a rotation, hit a button, and it assigns that rotation to the currently selected hour. Super easy. If you need a timed event you can add that inside a rotation, and assign it a time based on minute or second, or you can also add events apart from your rotations to trigger at a certain time, hour minute and second. But there is none of this having to tell the system to generate the playlist, then a separate command for telling it to then play that playlist. The system just knows that if this playlist is scheduled for this time, then it needs to be generated, and it does it automatically in the background, no need for the user to have to tell the system to do it. It makes things way less complicated.
So, what I need to do in Scheduler is this. Have a playlist generated 30 minutes before it is needed, add to end of playlist, but said playlist MUST start at the beginning of the hour. Looking through the extensive options for each event, and I still can't find a way to pull this off. I know how to tell the system to force start even if current playlist isn't finished, and to clear previous schedule. But, how can I make it generate ahead of time, add to the bottom of the playlist, but still force start at the top of the hour? I really want to get this figured out, because over all I do find your software more stable than what I have been using, and it does offer options the other software doesn't, like using dtmf to trigger events, and I really need that. But I am having a hard time adapting to the scheduler's way of doing things.
Another option that might work, if there is a way to set it up in scheduler, would be to have playlist generated, add to playlist 2, remain there until start of hour, move contents of playlist 2 to playlist 1 for force start at the top of the hour. The reason having it first generate and put in playlist 2, is that that is a good way of being able to review and make needed changes to the playlist without messing with the one currently playing, and also not adding a ton of playlist files to my drive.
However you recommend I proceed, I want to do it with as few scheduler events as possible to reduce clutter. I know I can set a command to generate and save to file, then another command to start playback, but it would be really nice if this could be done all in one event.
Thanks in advance for your tips and help.

Last edited:
But there is none of this having to tell the system to generate the playlist, then a separate command for telling it to then play that playlist.
There is a command to generate a playlist and play it, but the problem here is that sometimes creating a playlist takes time, especially when you have a large music library and complex template. In this case, the playlists are first created in advance, and then started when they are needed.

If you need a timed event you can add that inside a rotation
If you need a timed event just create an event in the scheduler.

but said playlist MUST start at the beginning of the hour
Enable the "Run scheduled launch without waiting for the current track to finish" option, and set the start time - in your case 00 minute of the hour.

add to the bottom of the playlist, but still force start at the top of the hour?
Tracks in RadioBOSS are queued, and playing according to the queue. If you add it to the very end of the playlist, it will play when it comes to it naturally. Or enable the option to start it right away.

But I am having a hard time adapting to the scheduler's way of doing things.
There's nothing I have to offer about it, but to advice reading the manual and trying things.

Back