"Getfile" command

Does the "getfile" command support deletions when it is used in the following way?
getfile C:\path_to_folder\testfile.mp3 /delete
If not, can it be added to the new features list please?
This would solve a problem I have with streamarchive files not overwriting existing files.

djsoft

Staff member
The getfile command expects a folder as a parameter, not an individual file. It won't work this way.

The streamarchive command will overwrite existing file if you specify the same file name.

The getfile /oldest /delete command often fails to delete the file at its completion if the command in the multiples feature is immediately followed by another file playout. Is this due to too much intensive CPU activity? If so, is there a workaround that allows me to delete the file a bit later (that is, can the delete command have a short delay applied so the events don't coincide? I have found this works with streamarchive on - if it is followed by another event, a 2 sec pause after the streamarchive command and before the next event seems to solve the problem of streamarchive crashing.

djsoft

Staff member
The getfile /oldest /delete command often fails to delete the file at its completion if the command in the multiples feature is immediately followed by another file playout. Is this due to too much intensive CPU activity?
CPU is not an issue here. RadioBOSS waits for some time to ensure the file is not locked, and then tries to delete it. If the following lpayback command also affects the file that is supposed to be deleted - it may cause the delete operation to fail. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS by the way? I see there were some getfile-related bugs fixed in the latest update.