"Getfile" command

Because this has been unreliable I will try some other way of playing the files, such as in series, and using a del command in a windows batch file to delete the files. I'll let you know how that goes!
We were not able to reproduce any issues here. Please wait for the next update, probably it will make things better - it has improved diagnostics, so may show some error messages, to provide us with clues.

files refusing to delete when getfile command is used.
I believe I can at last shed some light on what might cause this problem! Here's the scenario: Using streamarchive to record a live one hour program on Line input 1 while playing a backup one hour file (scheduled through the multiples facility). At 12:59:55 there was a scheduled fadeout command of 5sec that was applied to the playlist. The saved file is repeated at 17.00 using getfile /del and there is another fadeout command at 17:59:55 but the delete process fails and the file is found locked up with zero audio content (but still one hour length). When both fadeouts are removed, the problem goes away! (I don't recall which of the two fadeouts was causing the issue however, but clearly one of them or both of them was interacting with the playout). This works in v 6.2 and in 6.3.1.2. Now I can live in peace without having to reboot RB when this happens... :)

Looks like there was a conflict between recording and playback, when it plays a file, it locks it so deleting and writing will fail. Partial write can still be possible, in some cases. As a rule, you shouldn't write/delete the file if it's supposed to be playing at the same time.

Dmitry I don't think you quite understood. There are two separate files. During the recording process, Line input (live studio) is being recorded to PGM_1.mp3 and PGM_A.mp3 is being played in the background. Works fine. Four hours later, PGM_1.mp3 is played back and should be deleted once finished. Somehow the fadeout command affected either the recording or the playback phase. Anyhow its all good now. RadioBoss rocks!

Is there a command that works similar to "getfile" but inserts the track like normal elements?
Because unfortunately not only do the transitions between the previous track and the command don't work. The API also doesn't know what will be played next.

Last edited:
This works much better, thank you!
Is it also possible to specify that e.g. only the second element from the list should be played?

Is it also possible to specify that e.g. only the second element from the list should be played?
Not really, it only selects in order, or random. You can probably try using "Series" mode and advance it two tracks, but this is not really convenient.

Could a nicer solution be implemented?
Would like to play the first track from a playlist file with a random voicetrack and then the second track from the playlist file with a random voicetrack.

Last edited:
Back