Getting a Playlist To Repeat Continuously - Each Time Playing different Tracks?

mcurran

I have a Playlist, and that Playlist Structure contains a lot of Categories, each Category points to a Folder that contains Tracks. 

Once the Playlist plays through to it's end, and completes its run, I'd like it to Repeat, but each successive repeat would like it to play a different Track from each Folder, in order, so that the Playlist loops continuously but each time it is playing different songs.

I've been able to get it to repeat the Playlist but it plays the same songs over and over.

(It would also be cool to be able to append 3-4 Playlists together in this way, but just getting it to do it with one will suffice for now, if anyone can help?)

You can schedule playlist generation to be performed from time to time. If you generate playlist 4 hours long, schedule a new playlist generation each 4 hours (or, just in case, each 320 minutes).

How to setup automatic playlist generation: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_playlist_generation.htm

That would not be a workable solution, as I want to keep the station automated 24/7 for unlimited playlist generation without repeating same songs.

What you have described here would require having to continually re-program for repeat Playlist generation, unless I am missing something?

Is there a way to loop multiple playlists indefinitely? 

Also, the original question does not appear to be answered, at least not to my understanding. 

The question was not 'how to generate an automated playlist,' but how to have a playlist play repeatedly, with each successive repeat playing one of the next songs in one folder, then switching to the next folder to play the next song, so you have a series of playlists playing alternating selections from each folder,
but switching folders between songs.

In other words:

Playlist Sequence of 3 events using three folders:

Playlist Name: Cornucopia Set

Sequences/Events in this Playlist consist of:

Event One: Folder # 1 'Rock - Fast Songs' - RadioBOSS plays first song from this folder
Event Two: Folder #2  'Motown - Slow Songs' - RadioBOSS plays first song from this folder
Event Three: Folder #3 'Disco - Female Songs' - RadioBOSS plays first song from this folder

At end of this Playlist sequence, the Playlist repeats, but this time RadioBOSS plays
the next song in each successive folder.

The Playlist sequence plays through over and over, (loops) selecting a different song from each folder
on each Playlist repeat, indefinitely.

Is this possible?

mcurran said:
At end of this Playlist sequence, the Playlist repeats, but this time RadioBOSS plays
the next song in each successive folder.

The Playlist sequence plays through over and over, (loops) selecting a different song from each folder
on each Playlist repeat, indefinitely.

Is this possible?
Yes, that's easy.
1. Clear playlist in RadioBOSS
2. Click Playlist->Add Track List and select the first folder you want to select tracks from, choose how you want to take tracks: In order or Random. Repeat this for all folders you want to use.
3. Press the Repeat Playlist button to turn on the repeat playlist feature

In the result, you'll have 3 entries in the playlist, and those will be looped. Each time it will select a different track from a folder.

More info on the TrackList feature: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm

Back