hide events in "event scheduler"

lughsan

Hello Dimitry, how are you?

I am testing the latest version of RB 6.2.4.2 which I add to the forum.

I was going through RB and didn't find any way to hide an event.

I mean the following:
1677509208716.png

It would be of great help for programmers of radio stations or other types of companies, with "live users" at different times.
live user:
When I talk about "live user" I mean the person using RB to do some basic work.
Execute specific events.
play specific audios.

the reasons for hiding an event can be varied.
Have more space for other events.
hide events that no "live user" will execute on their turn.
prevent "live user" from running other events by mistake.
by decision of the company or programmer.

For example:
1 - evening events:
hide them, since they don't need to be visible during the day, they should only be seen by the "programmer" when he has to make modifications.
2 - live user events:
these events must be seen by the "live user".
Let's say the "Live User" is on the 16:00 to 19:00 shift.
3 - events of the day without live user:
events in "automatic" where there are no third-party interventions, except the "company programmer".

Options for hidden events:
hide for minutes, hours, days, months or indefinitely.

configure the event for a specific user.
I mean the following:
1677513394867.png

In this case, each user will need to log in to view their events.

The idea would be to generate options to hide events, according to the needs of each programmer.

Greetings, Dimitri.

You can create groups for events and then minimize some of the groups, it will effectively hide events you don't want to see.

Great thank you very much. I ask you in the same way that in future versions you can take this request into consideration.
It would be a great help for RB programmers.

Great thank you very much. I ask you in the same way that in future versions you can take this request into consideration.
It would be a great help for RB programmers.
What about using groups of events - it looks like it's already possible to do what you need.

What about using groups of events - it looks like it's already possible to do what you need.
The function you indicate is fine, but my idea is to hide the event.
the intent is that the event cannot be executed by "Live Users"
I think it would help all RB programmers to be able to hide certain events that other users shouldn't see.

It would help in the following cases:
Users without knowledge.
users who out of curiosity, ignorance or maliciously enter to alter an event without authorization.

The goal of this post is to help all RB programmers and provide them with more security tools.

The function you indicate is fine, but my idea is to hide the event.
the intent is that the event cannot be executed by "Live Users"
I think it would help all RB programmers to be able to hide certain events that other users shouldn't see.
This makes sense. I think we can implement it as an option for the event (e.g. "Protected event") and a special permission ("Allow using protected events"). Added to the to-do list.

This makes sense. I think we can implement it as an option for the event (e.g. "Protected event") and a special permission ("Allow using protected events"). Added to the to-do list.
Also as a complement to what NestorC says.

rb-hidden-jpg.12876

The event can have the option: Hidden event
and also another option to indicate which users can see or execute an event.

1677769272919.png
1677769296099.png

in this option:
1677769685237.png

It could indicate if the event is hidden from one or all users.

All
Admin
Live

This could be added in the next versions.

Last edited:
Another idea that can be complemented to this is the following:

It would be very helpful if there was a way to mask an event that is running.
Usually, when you run a list of PGP or M3U sounds, it looks like this:
1677808109005.png

display the list as follows:
1677808868822.png

where it says "radio cockroach"
You could put a variety of names, for example:
radio name
company name
name of the program for that time slot.

Its main utility would be to hide the names of the songs, protecting the broadcast programming in case someone with bad intentions wants to copy it.

This can also be considered a security feature for a variety of businesses or radios.

Its main utility would be to hide the names of the songs, protecting the broadcast programming in case someone with bad intentions wants to copy it.
Fighting with people who have bad intentions is not a battle I'd like to start, honestly. There are endless ways to get what's playing on your radio: view reports, view logs, parse station web site, etc etc. Hiding names in the playlist will not achieve anything really.

Fighting with people who have bad intentions is not a battle I'd like to start, honestly. There are endless ways to get what's playing on your radio: view reports, view logs, parse station web site, etc etc. Hiding names in the playlist will not achieve anything really.
It is not starting a fight, it is giving security to the work that is done.
I understand that there are a variety of ways to view everything.
but it would be great if RB grew up with a focus on security.

which can work in normal environment such as hostile environment.

I like this idea for another important reason (although it is a variation on the above) : When some of our programs are presented live, we leave RB running in the background as a backup in case the presenter doesn't show up...and feed the live program to the stream via the Line 1 input. But because the streaming originates in the same RB, the wrong metadata would be sent to the "playing now" indication on the website! Yes, we could pause RB during live shifts, but then we wouldn't have a backup. If we could have RB substitute the name of the program instead of the playlist tracks during live segments, that would be great. This could be done perhaps by scheduling an event that simply sends the live broadcast name to the stream for the time of the live program, whilst leaving the playlist to continue to play automatically. Is this feasible?

It is not starting a fight, it is giving security to the work that is done.
I understand that there are a variety of ways to view everything.
but it would be great if RB grew up with a focus on security.
I've added it to the list of ideas for improving the UAC feature, this will be taken into account in future developments.

This could be done perhaps by scheduling an event that simply sends the live broadcast name to the stream for the time of the live program, whilst leaving the playlist to continue to play automatically. Is this feasible?
Yes, you can schedule av event with "backup" tracks, assign a title for this even (show name) and enable the "Use event name as streaming title" option.

Hi
I don't know if anyone requested this. We have hundreds of events set to play every year.
Is there any way to hide them like an archive after they are played then they will appear again next year before one day for an example or during the same week. Otherwise we will have a very long list of events even if we group them under the same tab.
I hope it's clear
Thanks

I don't know if anyone requested this. We have hundreds of events set to play every year.
Is there any way to hide them like an archive after they are played then they will appear again next year before one day for an example or during the same week. Otherwise we will have a very long list of events even if we group them under the same tab.
I hope it's clear
Yes, we plan to add event groups so you can minimize a group that you don't need.

Back