How can I add a reference note to the top line of a playlist ?

Dmitry,

We have adverts (stored in blocks) in 12 playlists which we run each day.

1. They are run in sequence each day

2. A DOS batch file renames the playlist names each day so the play sequence is varied

3. Typically we refer to them as Block 01, Block 02, Block 03 ... but because we rename them with the DOS batch file the content of each block number varies each day

4. We need a static reference number or name for each block - so we would like to call them Block A, Block B, Block C ... and use that terminology in a line entry at the top of each playlist so we can see which one is which.

Can you tell me how I can add a text reference comment as a line item in the playlist ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

So like this:

>  Playlist  >  Add command  ... # A Text Comment

Cool - that's just what we wanted.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

Okay, I had added that comment line at the top of the advert playlists and it is playing up.

Here is the comment I added:

# Sponsor Block 03

and it shows up in the bottom left corner history view as:

Command: # Sponsor Block 03

The scheduler inserts the playlist block and it all looks okay, but when the previous song finishes the active playlist screen goes blank.

I have watched it do this twice now and the same result each time.  I have rebooted the PC and tried it with the comment included and the same results - the active playlist goes blank and the music stops.

I tried inserting a test message in the main playlist and it appeared to work okay (# Test Comment)

I removed the comments from each of the blocks and it's working okay now.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Looks like a bug - it deletes all scheduled tracks when it hits the comment in the playlist. This will be fixed in RB 5.0.

Dmitry,

Okay, is there any other way to add a comment line in version 4.9.1.0 to get me around the problem ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

I don't think so... You can try adding a non-existent track to the playlist and use it as a reference point.

Dmitry,

Good thinking, I'll create 12 dummy mp3 files with the correct filenames and meta-data tags and use those to get us out of trouble.  That will do it.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Dmitry,

Good thinking, I'll create 12 dummy mp3 files with the correct filenames and meta-data tags and use those to get us out of trouble.  That will do it.

Thanks,  Jamie C.
I used your ideea to create a text file and to rename it as .mp3
After that I created a file type as "A-Section-of-Ads-Blocks" and customized it (text and background color).
Then I asign it the RBIdentifier with Mp3tag
The result looks very nice.

Attachments

• _txt_file_saved_as_mp3.jpg
    _txt_file_saved_as_mp3.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 493
  • Block A - section.mp3
    2.5 KB · Views: 345
Dmitry, Pety,

I created a zero content MP3 file and edited the meta-data tags with Mp3tag to give the text comment I wanted.  I then duplicated the MP3 file 15 times and edited the comments on each one to suit.  It works great and is coming up fine on the playlist blocks.

WooHoo !

And Pety, your "file type" solution looks fantastic.  That is great - I'm going to do the same.

Thanks Dmitry and Pety for your suggestions.

Jamie C.

Dmitry,

We think we have run into this problem before when we included a "scheduler on" or "scheduler off" command in a playlist.

Is it possible that this is a similar related issue ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
We think we have run into this problem before when we included a "scheduler on" or "scheduler off" command in a playlist.
That's definitely a bug. Please wait for the next RB released to get it fixed. It looks like it removes the scheduled items if the first line in the playlist is a command (or comment).

Back