How do I do remote broadcast?

liferadiovi

I am requesting a simple how-to on remote broadcasting with Radioboss. I have RadioBoss 5.3 running at our radio station. We are connected and broadcasting the internet from the radio statiom. I would like to produce a show live from my house, and I have a laptop, microphone and internet access at home. How would I do that?

If you use Icecast server for broadcasting, this will be easy using the fallback mount feature. Please give more details on how your broadcasting from studio is set up.

liferadiovi said:
Thank you for your quick reply. We are currently using SHOUTCAST Server. What other information should I give?
The setup is more complicated for Shoutcast, as it doesn't support fallback mount points. One of the possible solutions is to broadcast from home to another server, and make your studio PC pick up that stream and play it.

sorry for my bad english bat iss it possible that the stream from my friend can automaticaly log it in when I'm not at home and my stream is working

Walter Zuiderwijk said:
sorry for my bad english bat iss it possible that the stream from my friend can automaticaly log it in when I'm not at home and my stream is working
It's possible with Icecast server, not with Shoutcast.

liferadiovi said:
How would you do it with the Icecast server?
You need to set up fallback mount points for Icecast server. If you use Centova control panel, then it can be easily done in Settings->Mount Points.

The general idea is:
- listeners connect to /stream mount point (not to any other mount points!), and set its fallback to /home
- the /home mount point has its fallback set to /friend - if you broadcast to /home, then listeners will hear your broadcast, if you're not, then they will hear /friend mount point.

In this setup, /home mount point has priority over the /friend mount point - that is, if both /home and /friend mount points are active, listeners will hear /home mount point.

I think if I understand the question I have a rather simple solution.  I have tried it and it works.  I schedule a disconnect at the time the remote starts and a reconnect at the time it ends.  The remote operator has a scheduled dj timeslot in the settings (I use radioboss.fm).  Once the RadioBoss disconnects the remote dj can connect using whatever software he uses to connect to shoutcast.  I use Koalasan on an Iphone.  I have another platvorm on my Ipad, and I simply use shoutcast on a laptop.

jcurtman said:
I think if I understand the question I have a rather simple solution.  I have tried it and it works.  I schedule a disconnect at the time the remote starts and a reconnect at the time it ends.  The remote operator has a scheduled dj timeslot in the settings (I use radioboss.fm).  Once the RadioBoss disconnects the remote dj can connect using whatever software he uses to connect to shoutcast.  I use Koalasan on an Iphone.  I have another platvorm on my Ipad, and I simply use shoutcast on a laptop.
This will also work, and it can be used instead of fallback mount points. I personally prefer the fallback approack as it doesn't require disconnecting from the server.

Back