How does the Library update songs in folders?

djsp1

How does the Library update songs in folders?

I have my library on my desktop and every week add or remove songs from specific folders.

do I have to manually rename and re-tag to match the folder name? Or will RadioBoss update for me?

If you need new files to be added to the music library (and remove the files that have been deleted), you can schedule automatic library update - the command is in the Tools menu.

Will the "automatic update" re-tag files? Or do I need to do that manually? This is important for when I need to generate a playlist.

What do you mean "re-tag"? When it updates the library, it will add new tracks, remove tracks that no longer exist, and load tag information for new tracks. The tracks that already were in the library, will remain unchanged.

Since I use tags i am not sure if RadioBoss will re-tag when I move an music file to a new folder. Example: I van a song in my A category but it is now moved to Recurrent Folder. Do I need to re-tag the music file to "Recurrent" or will RadioBoss do this for me? If not, I dont mind doing it just as long as Radioboss now sees the correct file in the new folder.

If you want to move the music file to a different folder and keep all settings, please do it from within the Music Library: right click, Move To Folder command. It will move the file and also update database entry with the new path.

Another option to categorize tracks is not move them between folders, but using Tags instead: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using-tags.htm

Does the modification of mp3 files in the music library (s) affect the distribution of playlists created from these same mp3 files?

When I add mp3 files to my music library will this affect my playlists because to add files to my music library I have to delete all files !

When I add mp3 files to my music library will this affect my playlists because to add files to my music library I have to delete all files !
No, whatever happens with the libraries does not affect the playlists that you have already created/saved. A music library is merely a list of files, it does not store any actual information (like tags, custom crossfade settings etc).

If you need new files to be added to the music library (and remove the files that have been deleted), you can schedule automatic library update - the command is in the Tools menu.
Hi,
I am creating auto schedule for a specific folder and i am running manually. But the files in the new folder does not listing in library. Do i miss something?

I am creating auto schedule for a specific folder and i am running manually. But the files in the new folder does not listing in library. Do i miss something?
If you have an event that runs the makelibrary command, and it's configured correctly (that is, updating the right library from the right folders) then any new files added will appear in the library. Note that if there are many files, executing the command could take some time.

I'm coming back to this thread. I have several libraries created. I set the "schedule automatic library update" option.
Unfortunately, I see that it is the same, one setting for all my libraries. Is it possible to set the scheduler for each library separately (with different settings)?

I'm coming back to this thread. I have several libraries created. I set the "schedule automatic library update" option.
Unfortunately, I see that it is the same, one setting for all my libraries. Is it possible to set the scheduler for each library separately (with different settings)?
After you create an event, it will stay unmodified, so you can create multiple events with different settings. The "Automatic library update" remembers its last settings, but they do not affect the events that are already created.

Back