How to broadcast on icecast

nyankee

I keep getting Connection/Encoder died. What do i need to change in the config file. I am using127.1.1.0:8000 for shoutcast. What should i use for ice cast?  can i get a step by step guide like there is one for shoutcat on this site?

For Icecast you should also enter so called "mount point".
The server address should look like: 127.0.0.1:8000/mount

I don't know why this happens. Better to ask this question at Live365 forums...

nyankee said:
What do i do toget listed in their directory? I got conected but i dont get listed
"their directory" - didn't you mean Live365's directory?

I said I needed help setting up icecast with radioboss. I put in my computer ip adress annd port/mount. So it tells me i am connected in radioboss, but i do not appear i the icecast directory.

Google shows, that you need to add following lines to the Icecast config file (before </icecast> line):
Code:
<directory>
<yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
<yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>
</directory>

I didn't tried it myself, so I'm not sure if it will work.

Just add at the bottom before </body>.
I'd also recommend you to read documentation about Icecast configuration before making any changes.

Still not working. I start the server and no problem, but still does not show in directory. :( Dont you guys have a guide for icecast to work with radioboss like you do for shoutcast. I kind of surprising you are selling this, but you have not tried it out with icecast and post a step by step guide.

It has nothing to do with RadioBOSS. Radioboss just sends a stream to Icecast server, that's it.
Also, in the Broadcast settings, please make sure that "Public" checkbox is checked (see picture attached).
About step by step guide... As I said, that solution was found using Google.

Attachments

• 333.png
    333.png
    39 KB · Views: 843
I see you have localhost:8010/xxx ,  i only have localhost:8005/mount for icecast. Now am i supposed to put "/mount" or for mount you put in some number?

The "/mount" is the mounting point. You can put there anything: "localhost:8005/myradio" for example. I used "/xxx" for testing. It doesn't really matter. Mounting point can be any combination of letters and/or numbers.

Back