How to use the Notepad function.

mondoman2k

After years of using RadioBoss I still don't know how to use the Notepad (Playlist Menu).  The Help file says it allows you to add a note to a track and any the track is played, the note for that track (specific to an individual  track) will pop up every time.  Can you explain how to use this function? I've tried to add notes many times via this function but it never has worked for me (I can't even figure out how to save my input when done). I'd like to add various notes about each track (i.e. Billboard position, background info, etc.) in my library.

The notepad saves automatically. Then when you select this track in the playlist, and if a note for this track exists, a window will pop up.

Can you please specify what's not working?

I guess I'm confused about how to enable a note for a track.  If I have a track in the playlist and I want to add a note, I would think I would highlight the track, select Notepad from the Playlist pull-down menu, and after the note box appears, I would enter my information.  Then I would close the box.

I've done that and when the track is played in the playlist the notes box does not pop up and open.  Also, if I open notepad again, the information I entered is still in the notes box not matter what track is currently being played (and highlighted) in the playlist.

So I don't understand how to use this function.  How do you enable Notepad for a track in the playlist?  Do you just close the Notepad window after entering information (Click on the "X")?  Where does the information for a specific track get saved?

Lots of questions for such a simple function that for some reason doesn't work for me right now.

Yes, there's one more thing. Notes can be "global" and that's the default - you just enter notes and they stay. To make it per-track, right-click on notepad text field, and uncheck the "Do not attach to track" option.

The notes are saved in the settings folder - you can open it from the menu Settings->Open Settings Folder.

Good! We'll also include more information about this feature in user manual, thank you for pointing out this issue.

That would be good. 

Also, even though I have RadioBoss in English, the Cut, Copy, & Paste functions on the Notepad menu (Right-Click in Notepad) appear to be in Russian.  The "Font" and "Do not attach to track" menu items are in English.

Could be then translation files got messed up - we'll fix it in the next update.

Thanks for the clarification.  I was having the same problem understanding how to use the Notepad.

Back