I requested a feature - but i think we have it (construct sequence to play from outside source)

EndoSkull

I had requested a feature - but I think we already have it - after sleeping on it I remembered there was an API that might already be the solution.
I just don't know how to construct the URL.

Question: Is there a way to formulate a request with the API to play a selection of audio in order?

If so what would be the format - I'm not great at reading the doc:

What would be the URL to do the following:

I have 5 files they are: trackA trackB trackC trackD

Let's pretend I have a program running outside Radioboss that sends in command to play these files in a specific order every hour.

So the program sends in Play trackA trackD trackC

What would be the format?
The example is from the docs but how could I do multiple inserts in one command?
Also, question - what happens if the current playlist comes on the next day does it still save those inserted audio tracks? or doe it only use them during that one play-through? Thanks!

Example

Insert the track “D:\music\trackA.mp3”
Insert the track “D:\music\trackD.mp3”
Insert the track “D:\music\trackC.mp3”

http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&action=inserttrack&filename=D:\music %5CtrackA.mp3&pos=-2

djsoft

Staff member
If you use the "inserttrack" command, it only inserts one track. In order to insert multiple tracks, call it multiple times. As an alternative, you can create a playlist, then use the &cmd=load%20C:\playlist.m3u8 command to load the playlist (see section I in the API reference about using the scheduler commands).

Please note that URL parameters, especially file names, must me URL encoded. E.g. &cmd=load C:\playlist.m3u8 becomes &cmd=load%20C:\playlist.m3u8

EndoSkull

If you use the "inserttrack" command, it only inserts one track. In order to insert multiple tracks, call it multiple times. As an alternative, you can create a playlist, then use the &cmd=load%20C:\playlist.m3u8 command to load the playlist (see section I in the API reference about using the scheduler commands).

Please note that URL parameters, especially file names, must me URL encoded. E.g. &cmd=load C:\playlist.m3u8 becomes &cmd=load%20C:\playlist.m3u8

Thank you.

2nd Question - not sure if I'm missing it - but is there a way to use the API to submit a RATING for the currently playing song?