Intro's and Outro's

z100internet

This is really hard to describe, but is there a way (or could we request a way) to have intros and outro?s trigger, so that voiced tracks (which are prerecorded) sound more ?LIVE?? We have our air talents pre-recorded into the scheduler, so if a songs end with 10 seconds of instrumental, it would be nice to have the voiced track played over the instrumental and the next song hit perfect with the into instrumental of the next song. I guess this would really only work with a ?voice? track, otherwise you could use the ?MIX? button, however if you didn?t have voice in-between songs, the music would just run-in together, and wouldn?t sound right?any suggestions?

This feature is planned for the near future.

The question is which is the best way to assign voice tracks. I'm thinking about assigning them via track tool. And, maybe, add general voice track pool (like station IDs), the VT's will be taken randomly if there's no voicetrack assigned for a track.

We have specific ?slots? or times where our voiced tracks play. So we would need to be able to make sure that we could assign times, since some talents air between certain hours. We actually use the scheduler for sweepers, ID?s and On Air Talent sets. We set our sweepers 4 minutes apart (The average length of a song) so that a talent voiced track doesn?t run into a sweeper or ID, and so that Top-of-Hour ID?s set off at the top of each our. Our playlist is exclusive to music only. Is there a ?better? way to utilize RadioBoss?

Hi. There is a way to do this manually using the RadioBoss voice track recording tool (Playlist>Record voice track).  I record and insert a once-only voice break into a specific place in the playlist. I need to make sure the song before the voice track has had its MIX point set, and that the next song has had its INTRO point set.

I then open the voice track in track tool, and set the MIX point to be the same length as the intro of the next song. The voice track will then play over the tail of the first song, and over the intro of the next song. The only thing is that sometimes the music is loud and can drown out the voice.

I believe Dmitry is working on a function that will allow a voice to force down the volume of the music.

Admittedly, this is a manual way of doing things, but it does work. Have fun :)

We have specific ?slots? or times where our voiced tracks play. So we would need to be able to make sure that we could assign times, since some talents air between certain hours. We actually use the scheduler for sweepers, ID?s and On Air Talent sets. We set our sweepers 4 minutes apart (The average length of a song) so that a talent voiced track doesn?t run into a sweeper or ID, and so that Top-of-Hour ID?s set off at the top of each our. Our playlist is exclusive to music only. Is there a ?better? way to utilize RadioBoss?

i agree 100%

James Totton said:
I believe Dmitry is working on a function that will allow a voice to force down the volume of the music.
Of cource :)
And not only lowering down the music volume, but also automatically insert voice track between outro of playing track and intro of the next.

And:
- assign one or multiple sweepers (or voice tracks) to any music track
- assign global sweepers - those will be used on some occasions (like, outro+intro is more than 10 sec and there's no sweeper assigned for a track).

djsoft said:
And not only lowering down the music volume, but also automatically insert voice track between outro of playing track and intro of the next.

And:
- assign global sweepers - those will be used on some occasions (like, outro+intro is more than 10 sec and there's no sweeper assigned for a track).

this sounds like what i was looking for. has this been done yet

yes your method does seem to work . but with the new features and improvements  in RB 4.7 is there a better way to do this.

oh i have been reading you past posts and you have a lot of experience in radio and in the area of voice tracking. thanks for making suggestions to make this product better

reverblive said:
djsoft said:

And:

this sounds like what i was looking for. has this been done yet
The "lowering music volume while voice track is playing" and "automatically insert voicetrack between intro and outro" is done.
Assigning voice tracks for music tracks is not added yet, but planned for the future.

Hello fellow broadcasters and Dmitry...  have been very busy and off the radar, but my congratulations on recent developments with voice tracking and associated developments.

Well done Dmitry...  I and many others applaud your recent developments.

Chris from New Zealand

I not sure if i am explaining myself properly. Is there anyway to add an intro and outro option into the scheduler so we wouldn't have to create for each one and be able to turn them on and off when needed.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I not sure if i am explaining myself properly. Is there anyway to add an intro and outro option into the scheduler so we wouldn't have to create for each one and be able to turn them on and off when needed.
Intro and Outro are individual parameters for each track... I don't understand how can we assign it to the scheduler event.

Back