Keep a minimum number of tracks in playlist

OrangeLazarus

Hello all, I am still a little new to RadioBoss and am attempting to create a 'queue' playlist that does the following:
  • Deletes track after playing (this works fine)
  • Adds new track(s) using repeat protection/rotation priority when the number of tracks falls below a threshhold (say 10 items)
  • Adds requested tracks to end of playlist (seems easy enough to implement)
The second item is what I'm having difficulty with currently. I know that I can use remote API to select a track/playlist to add as needed, but it would be great if I do that automagically somehow. I have experimented with scheduling the addition of a random track, but I additionally have an issue with it waiting to pick the track until it comes time to play (perhaps that is a feature and not a bug :))
1675881846798.png

My goal is to be able to display a list of upcoming tracks to the user. I know that I can have a very long 'queue' playlist and limit the result set using 'cnt' with the remote api, but I then I still have an issue of inserting requested tracks at a variable index (if there are already queued requests).

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If you use Track List deleting after playback is not a very good idea, because you have few items already and risk ending up with an empty playlist. You can build a rotation by enabling the "Repeat playlist" option (a button under the playlist) so it will loop through Track List items.
You can insert requested songs using a scheduled event, they will be inserted after the currently playing track list item (or at a different position, depending on how you configure an event).

Sometihng to be aware of (unless it's changed recently) the repeat protection only works within the playlist you are generating. I don't think it looks back to see what has been played in the last hour etc when you add tracks

Sometihng to be aware of (unless it's changed recently) the repeat protection only works within the playlist you are generating. I don't think it looks back to see what has been played in the last hour etc when you add tracks
It checked the "Last played" tag and also checks track in the playlist windows that not yet played - you can enable/disable those options in Playlist Generator settings.

Back