maximum number of tracks in playback protection.

lughsan

Hello Dimitry, how are you?

I am testing the latest version of RB 6.2.4.2 which I add to the forum.

I am testing the track repeat protection.
1676903300195.png

What is the maximum number of tracks that RB is capable of protecting?
I understand that in "Do not repeat track" it is possible to assign hours, days or even 1 week.

for example: is it possible to protect 20 tracks, which will be released from Monday to Sunday for a year?

Number of tracks daily 20:
1 - for 1 week it would be: 140 tracks.

2 - for 1 month it would be: 560 tracks.
3 - for 3 months it would be: 1680 tracks.
4 - for 6 months it would be: 3360 tracks.

5 - for 1 year it would be: 6720 tracks.

Which of these options would be possible to carry out?

Greetings, Dimitri.

What is the maximum number of tracks that RB is capable of protecting?
I understand that in "Do not repeat track" it is possible to assign hours, days or even 1 week.
It's not limited technically. It merely checks the rules and based on that decides if a track is repeated or not.

so that the rules of non-repetition in "PGP" are respected.

1679096254046.png

Do the songs have to have all their data in "Track Tool"?
1679096393667.png

They should, if they are not, it will extract artist/title automatically from the file name. There'll be no Album data in this case.
How should the file be written to detect "artist" and "title" automatically?

example:
artist - title?
metallica - enter sandman

Am looking at this this too Lughsan . It seems to play 2s of videos when it finds them its rather odd to watch putting many VLC windows. after 85% it had investigated videos first for playback not mp3 it also went back to 73%. When it got their Export 'Save to Playlist saved a wav file not a playlist it added one track oddly only for me when I gave all music library, but I might not have it configured don't use it.

Yes, the artist should have Metalica and the Tite Enter Sandman in this case.

Last edited:
Ok I had the wrong box for 2 hours lol. It's still playing VLC videos oddly in VLC windows. But it did not do what I wanted even though it created playlist as expected. I would still have to listen to this before it was played. The copying the setting to the right window is a bit clunky. I am not sure why it plays videos as it didn't pick any. I have not managed to get it to find Genre tags which is important, I think.

Ok hmm going to try playlist source to see if it gives better results as my picking of song Genre is better and I have playlist for each. Playlist was much better I did not get repeats. And it produced an ok basic Playlist but it's not human listened to so prefer to tick with what I do to select music as its doesn't seem to add in new year's going right through the playlist. I hope this helps as got no repeats.

How should the file be written to detect "artist" and "title" automatically?

example:
artist - title?
metallica - enter sandman
It first reads the tag, if either or both of "artist" and "title" fields have some text in it, it's used as artist and title. If not, it will try to parse the file name. For instance, if the file is named "metallica - enter sandman.mp3", it's an easy case: artist will be "metallica" and title will be "enter sandman".

Ok I had the wrong box for 2 hours lol. It's still playing VLC videos oddly in VLC windows. But it did not do what I wanted even though it created playlist as expected. I would still have to listen to this before it was played. The copying the setting to the right window is a bit clunky. I am not sure why it plays videos as it didn't pick any. I have not managed to get it to find Genre tags which is important, I think.
There's some VLC limitation, in order to get video duration, RadioBOSS will need to start playback for split second - this may sometimes lead to window opening and closing immediately.

It first reads the tag, if either or both of "artist" and "title" fields have some text in it, it's used as artist and title. If not, it will try to parse the file name. For instance, if the file is named "metallica - enter sandman.mp3", it's an easy case: artist will be "metallica" and title will be "enter sandman".
What if the file comes with artist, title and other text?

example:
artist - title - rhythm?
metallica - enter sandman - Heavy metal

In this situation, how would RB automatically act?

Lughsan it looks like it has expanded artist search in 'title tag' for feat. etc to get better artis information on duplicates. i am not sure i this is aviable elsewhere.

RB will send: title - rhythm? enter sandman - Heavy metal

I am not sure what you want to accomplish s this is what Genre is for you can place in Genre tag : Heavy Metal ; Rythm; etc;

What if the file comes with artist, title and other text?

example:
artist - title - rhythm?
metallica - enter sandman - Heavy metal

In this situation, how would RB automatically act?
"enter sandman - Heavy metal" will go to the Title field. That is, up to first separator it's an artist, the rest is the title. Path and extension are removed.
If you need it to be reliable - you should have tag fields properly filled. You can use some tagging software, like mp3tag, to automate the process.

Back