Metada file nowplaying.txt

perezjos

Hello,
Hope everybody is going well !

I have a little script where I am reading nowplaying.txt for a specific broadcast title and to generate the songs' metadata using the web remote control api.
Before version 6.1.10 all was good as the nowplaying.txt was always holding the broadcast title while using the API to refresh the server but It seems now that the file is also updated with the API call and result of the script running only the first time. Is it possible to confirm if it is a new behaviour in that version ? . Could I also have a link to the previous version and rollback without losing any settings ?

Many thanks
Jose

Before version 6.1.10 all was good as the nowplaying.txt was always holding the broadcast title while using the API to refresh the server but It seems now that the file is also updated with the API call and result of the script running only the first time. Is it possible to confirm if it is a new behaviour in that version ? . Could I also have a link to the previous version and rollback without losing any settings ?
Nothing was changed in this regard in version 6.1, at least there's nothing in the changelog. Can you please provide more information so we can try to reproduce it here?

Hello
I create a scheduled task to start a line input. I give the Task name eg. "Line 1 Ipod" and set the task to send the taskname instead of the track titles. Then my program check for that keyword in nowplaying.txt. When it found it it has a routine to retrieve the current song playing on line1 and send the metadata using the web api "setcastitle" as it should change the title on the server.

Before the nowplaying.txt would keep the "Line 1 Ipod" on the nowplaying.txt until the scheduled task allocated time ends and will play the next track on the current playlist. But now a call to secastitle also updates nowplaying.txt so the keyword is lost and the programs thinks is the end of the task so it only run one time .
I think it changed at the time of the version adding a supplementary line input or when the (line) prefix was added to the track title when using a line input?

That should be easy to reproduce.

Many thanks
Jose

But now a call to secastitle also updates nowplaying.txt so the keyword is lost and the programs thinks is the end of the task so it only run one time .
I think it changed at the time of the version adding a supplementary line input or when the (line) prefix was added to the track title when using a line input?
Yes, the setcasttitle command now also changes the nowplaying file - it appears to be a more logical behavior.

Back