Microphone Echo

KBRadio_THP

Ok, I have no idea what I have done.  Short version I was making some changes to my broadcast system, which didnt work as planned, so I returned everything back to the way I had it.  However, I now have a delay in my microphone with what i hear about 1 second behind what I say.  I had read that to check the Output to encoders box, but when I do that, I lose the echo, but my voice no longer goes out on the broadcast.  That is what I am curious about.  Any help is appreciated.  I am sure it is something simple that I did.
Thanks in advance

If you activate the "Output to encoders only", it will remove local mic playback, but you should still hear it in the stream. If you don't have mic there, please make sure that you have the "Audio mix" source selected for encoders (top right corner in Settings, Broadcasting tab).

As for delay itself, try switching MIC to use ASIO, and if that is not available, use WASAPI. For playback (main sound card) too.

What RadioBOSS version do you use?

thank you as always for the quick response.  I am running version 5.6.0.6  OK.. It is set on audio mix and when I have tried to use the ASIO which I had read in another forum, under the Device drop down there is nothing listed.  I have tried switching back and forth between DirectSound and WASAPI and have had the same results, with delay on the microphone.  The delay is only on the playback to what I hear, it goes out on the stream cleanly. 
I am not sure if this makes a difference I was attempting to connect a mixing board using out and back in to the same system so as part of that had switched to Input 1.  There were issues with sound levels etc, not sure but decided to abandon that setup for the time being.  It was after restoring from that, where i began having this issue.  I doubt if thats related, but its what led up to this.

KB Radio said:
when I have tried to use the ASIO which I had read in another forum, under the Device drop down there is nothing listed
It means that your device does not have native support for ASIO. You can try using Asio4All to emulate it: http://www.asio4all.de/ (this will also get rid of latency)

KB Radio said:
I am not sure if this makes a difference I was attempting to connect a mixing board using out and back in to the same system so as part of that had switched to Input 1.  There were issues with sound levels etc, not sure but decided to abandon that setup for the time being.
I'd suggest using it this way. Correcting level issues should not be difficult - just check levels in Sound settings in Windows, on the mixer itself, in the sound card's control panel (if it has one).

Back