Minor bugs discovered + Questions

eddr

Hello,

I've discovered a couple of bugs to report:

1) When moving to next track, track 1 is skipped in the playlist if the previously playing track is not in the playlist and was deleted from the playlist whilst playing
We use the API to get the current track and remove it via action=playbackinfo + action=delete&pos=<no>. If the currently playing track is no longer in the playlist (playlist could have been cleared by schedule) then the playlistpos="0".

If RadioBOSS is playing a track which is no longer in the playlist and then moves on to the next track but the track playing was also deleted by the API call, it will skip track 1 in the playlist.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Load some tracks and play track 1
rb1.JPG
2) Delete the playing track 1 from the playlist
rb2.JPG

3) Next Track
rb4.JPG

You can see it has skipped track 1 in the playlist.

Granted, this is a minor bug and probably not one which would bother anyone but it did make a script have some unexpected consequences - I've just made the script now check if playlistpos = 0 and if so, don't delete.

2) In the trial version when adding / editing an event, if using scheduler wizard and then attempt to run Playlist Generator, it errors saying it must be launched from RadioBOSS in Trial version - but it is being launched from RadioBOSS!
rb6.JPG

I also have a couple of questions regarding RB 6.x:
- I have noticed the 'Tracks' count flickering constantly - is it recalculating something every second ? See highlighted
- The option to edit a line in track does not work so broadcast title can't be edited when its in the playlist - is this another bug?
- Can a option be made to toggle between whether the On Air shows the broadcast title or track title ? See highlighted below
- Where is a SSL certificate installed for the API ?

rb5.JPG

1) When moving to next track, track 1 is skipped in the playlist if the previously playing track is not in the playlist and was deleted from the playlist whilst playing
Thank you for the details. We'll check what could be wrong there.

2) In the trial version when adding / editing an event, if using scheduler wizard and then attempt to run Playlist Generator, it errors saying it must be launched from RadioBOSS in Trial version - but it is being launched from RadioBOSS!
Yes, in this case it means it must be started using the Playlist menu. We'll fix this to allow running it from the Wizard too.

- I have noticed the 'Tracks' count flickering constantly - is it recalculating something every second ? See highlighted
Doesn't seem to flicker here. It calculates the playlist duration in several steps, but once it's done, it won't be updating it until the playlist is changed.

- The option to edit a line in track does not work so broadcast title can't be edited when its in the playlist - is this another bug?
Yes, looks like it is. Thank you for letting us know about it!

- Can a option be made to toggle between whether the On Air shows the broadcast title or track title ? See highlighted below
Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider adding it in one of the next updates.

Back