Missing Metadata on RadioCaster Stream from Internal Server

Macaroni323

I think I might have something misconfigured.  Or maybe it's not possible.  The "Status" button display shows the "Current track title" correctly but my players receiving the stream from the internal RadioCaster server do not show any metadata.  ???

When you use the internal server, metadata is not being transmitted. This is a technical limitation of the integrated server.

Is there any hope in getting this to work in a future release?
Its kinda handy to use the internal server and also gives some freedom to not having to let RadioCaster keep logging on to external relay server.

Btw, greate program. Took some time til i found something like this for win. I'm from the mac world, and over there Nicecast is the thing.

Regards,

MrDonT

Supporting metadata for the internal server will require major changes in the server implementation... I'm afraid there are no immediate plans for this. Currently the only solution for in-staream metadata would be to use an external server.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm back at the drawingboard then.

The nice thing with the internal server is that in example, a station can have more than one studio in different locations and have a script running with an icecastserver shift at specific times with out interuptions. Theres also a few other instanses I can think of that makes it much easier with the internal server.

I havent found any other programers delivering the magnificant solutions that Radiocaster gives. A lot of nice stuff in a small package.

Anyhow, keep up the good work :)

Regards,

MrDonT

MrDonT said:
The nice thing with the internal server is that in example, a station can have more than one studio in different locations and have a script running with an icecastserver shift at specific times with out interuptions. Theres also a few other instanses I can think of that makes it much easier with the internal server.
If you need to switch from different locations you can implement so using Icecast's server "fallback" feature for mount points.

Back