more flexible voice tracking

derek

When the voice break is longer than both the outro of track 1 and the intro of track 2, radio boss handles such transitions brilliantly
However, in cases where this is not so, It would be nice to configure voice tracking such that the playback always started at the outro. The current implementation creates a style which is the complete opposite of my own.
I like to begin speaking during the outro and then bring the song to full volume after I've said what I've got to say.
It sounds strange to me to let part of a long outro play, have the volume duck down so that I can get a few words in, and then pop back up just before the first verse of the second song. I can shorten the intro, but then that makes transitions sloppy.

It would be nice to configure voice tracking such that the playback always started at the outro. The current implementation creates a style which is the complete opposite of my own.
It actually worked like that in the past, but due to a large number of complaints, we changed it to always end at song's Intro - this seemed to be what majority of the users needed. At some point there was an option to choose between the two. I think we'll reintroduce it - scheduled for one of the next updates.

At some point there was an option to choose between the two. I think we'll reintroduce it - scheduled for one of the next updates.

That will be great, and may fix a bug I can easily reproduce.
There is a very specific series of events that takes place which will cause radioboss to play a voice track after the intro of a song!
1. Insert 3 unedited tracks in to a playlist and begin playing
2. Select the second song in the playlist, and use the track tool to set an intro.
3. record a voice track between the currently playing track and the one you just edited.
Important!!! make sure that the recorded voice break is actually longer than the intro you set.
When the song begins, the intro will play, and the voice track will play when the intro is over, making it step on the lyrics.
Everything goes as expected if radio boss is stopped while recording/editing, , and/or the sequence is replayed.

This is not a bug actually, it's a limitation. The system supposes that you should start music track and from there it will evaluate the following voice track and mixing parameters.

Understood. So what do I need to do to insure that this doesn't happen during initial playback? I can see cases where someone is doing a live show, and would like to switch to voicetracking at some points.

Understood. So what do I need to do to insure that this doesn't happen during initial playback? I can see cases where someone is doing a live show, and would like to switch to voicetracking at some points.
Best case when voice tracks and intro/outro marks are set before playback, so everything's ready and playing. Other scenarios, I suggest you to test different cases to see which ones work for your situation.

Back