Music Database Data Missing

NounosSon

The play count numbers for all the audio files in my Music Library database reset all by it self. All the previous play count numbers are gone. Could this be in connection with the Start and End time boxes unchecking and resetting by themselves?

NounosSon said:
The play count numbers for all the audio files in my Music Library database reset all by it self. All the previous play count numbers are gone. Could this be in connection with the Start and End time boxes unchecking and resetting by themselves?
Did you use any 3rd party software to edit tags? Start/end/playcount and other additional information is stored in the tracks in a special tag - looks like that tag has been removed somehow.

djsoft said:
Did you use any 3rd party software to edit tags? Start/end/playcount and other additional information is stored in the tracks in a special tag - looks like that tag has been removed somehow.

Yes. I did use a program called MP3Tag to update the metadata type. This might have deleted the special tag. What kind of tag does RadioBoss use to store the information? Is there a way to back up these tags for the files?

NounosSon said:
Yes. I did use a program called MP3Tag to update the metadata type. This might have deleted the special tag. What kind of tag does RadioBoss use to store the information? Is there a way to back up these tags for the files?
RadioBOSS uses APE tag. There should be a setting in MP3Tag software to keep this tag.

NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
RadioBOSS uses APE tag. There should be a setting in MP3Tag software to keep this tag.
What version of APE tag does RadioBoss use?
I can help you.
Add in MP3TAG the Field "PlayCount" and set it to <keep>.
That's all!

If you need some screenshoots just tell me.

pety said:
NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
What version of APE tag does RadioBoss use?
I can help you.
Add in MP3TAG the Field "PlayCount" and set it to <keep>.
That's all!

If you need some screenshoots just tell me.
Thanks pety! Can you provide some screenshots?

1. In menu bar select Tools -> Options -> Tag Panel
2. In the Tag Panel click Add Field and complete those two field:
  • Field: PLAYCOUNT
  • Name: PlayCount (pay attention at capitals - write it as you see it)
3. Arrange position of the new field with arrows (if you wish)
4. Set PlayCount field as <keep> to preserve data

Attachments

• 1_add_PlayCount_MP3TAG.jpg
    1_add_PlayCount_MP3TAG.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 2_set_position.jpg
    2_set_position.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 456
  • 3_set_keep.jpg
    3_set_keep.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 494
pety said:
1. In menu bar select Tools -> Options -> Tag Panel
2. In the Tag Panel click Add Field and complete those two field:
  • Field: PLAYCOUNT
  • Name: PlayCount (pay attention at capitals - write it as you see it)
3. Arrange position of the new field with arrows (if you wish)
4. Set PlayCount field as <keep> to preserve data

Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!  :)

Back