Music Library "comment" field

stokemusic

Hi,

can anyone please tell me which of the below is the correct syntax for the "comment" field in the Music Library .xml database? Which of these is correct? or are they all wrong?

1 - waltz, valse, valsa
2 - waltz valse valsa
3 - waltz,valse,valsa

thank you
Stoke Music

I suggest to not use the comment field for such a purpose. RadioBOSS 5.9 has much better feature for this called Tags - it is easier to use and you can create different rules for it in the Playlist Generator.

You can get the version 5.9 here: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6309.0.html

It's curreently in a "release candidate" state so you can safely use it.

Yes I had seen the Tags option, but there doesn't seem to be any info in the manual on how to use this feature. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction....?

stokemusic said:
Yes I had seen the Tags option, but there doesn't seem to be any info in the manual on how to use this feature. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction....?
The manual is currently being written. In short, you can assign tags from Track Tool or from Music Library in batch (select tracks, right click and select add or remove tracks). Then in Playlist Generator set up filters to use tags as you need.

thank you, I understand and I've worked it out.
Would it be possible when adding tags to the list that they could be automatically placed in alphabetical order? Also, could the tags window be increased in size and have it remain at the chosen size after it's closed and opened again?
Thank you.

stokemusic said:
Would it be possible when adding tags to the list that they could be automatically placed in alphabetical order?
The tags are sorted each time you open the window, so the next time the window appears, all new tags will be in alphabetical order.

stokemusic said:
Also, could the tags window be increased in size and have it remain at the chosen size after it's closed and opened again?
Yes, in one of the next updates it will remember window size and pos.

Back