Music Library, Remove entries for non-existent files

Hi,

I have a question about the Music Library function Tools → Remove entries for non-existent files.

Today I ran this function and RadioBOSS removed 72 entries from my library. What confuses me is that I definitely did not manually delete that many music files.

Does RadioBOSS check the complete Music Library in the background and remove entries where the file is temporarily unavailable, moved, renamed, located on another drive, or otherwise cannot be found at that moment?

I would like to understand exactly what criteria RadioBOSS uses when this function is executed.

For example:

  • Does it check files automatically and regurlarly stored in the library?
  • Is there any log or list showing which entries were removed?
My library currently contains about 8,500 tracks, so 72 removed entries seemed quite a lot considering that I have not deleted anywhere near that many files myself.

RadioBoss 7.2.5.0

Thanks for any clarification.




1790613247004.png
 
It checks the entire cache (not only the music library that is open). When RadioBOSS plays any track, it's added to the cache, this includes e.g., playing tracks from removable drives, and a track is added to the cache regardless if it was ever added to the music library.
 
Thanks, Dmitry! That explains the 72 removed entries. I wasn't aware that RadioBOSS also stores tracks in the cache that were played but never added to the Music Library.

That makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the clarification!
 
Back
Top