'Network Stream - Unknown'

johngrant

When a internet stream launches in the Scheduler, the title and artist first appears as 'Network Stream - Unknown' when 'Sent Task Name Instead of Track Titles To Server' is unchecked.  I leave it unchecked because I want the RSS metadata.

'Network Stream - Unknown' gets passed to Live 365 as title and artist. Once the metadata is read, then the actual title and artist is passed.  Their DMCA rules de-list the station when there are multiple tracks from the same artist and album.

Any way to suppress - 'Network Stream - Unknown' from being passed and still leave that option unchecked? 

Thanks.

One of the next updates will not send title information until it receives real title from the server. Thanks for reporting this problem.

Thanks - also noticed some issues with titles and RSS feeds in old vs. new version.  For example, this link:

http://harvardlunchclub.com/feed/podcast/ podcast #3600

produces different titles in old and new version.  Old version would grab the title from the podcast, new  one does not.

This is a pretty big deal for us.  Had to drop back to the old version for my scheduler/streaming.

Thoughts?

Grabbing the title of streams would be awesome in general. We are using Icecast streams and RadioBOSS is not grinding it. Also the event title is not taken, when we use a stream in this event, so the last played tracks artist and title is still in the streaminfo  :(

johngrant said:
Thanks - also noticed some issues with titles and RSS feeds in old vs. new version.  For example, this link:

http://harvardlunchclub.com/feed/podcast/ podcast #3600
Looks like a bug - will be fixed in RadioBOSS 5.4.1.

BN-Julian said:
Grabbing the title of streams would be awesome in general. We are using Icecast streams and RadioBOSS is not grinding it. Also the event title is not taken, when we use a stream in this event, so the last played tracks artist and title is still in the streaminfo  :(
It gets stream and current track title from the server. Please check if the stream you're playing actually has stream titles. If it has, but RadioBOSS does not read them, send a link to the stream (in reply or by email support@djsoft.net).

johngrant said:
'Network Stream - Unknown' gets passed to Live 365 as title and artist. Once the metadata is read, then the actual title and artist is passed.  Their DMCA rules de-list the station when there are multiple tracks from the same artist and album.
As Live365 has shut down, I guess think there's no need to fix this. Please let me know if this issue still creates problems with other providers.

Back